cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while adding Poduct to Technical System in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo all .

I am trying to add a product to a technical system and i get the following error .

CIM_ERR_ALREADY_EXISTS: Instance already exists: SAP_InstalledProduct.CollectionID="39e669ae-4752-5274-31d1-d7d085055ac",ProductIdentifyingNumber="0",ProductName="********",ProductVendor="********",ProductVersion="1.0",SystemID="SRQ.SystemNumber.**********.SystemHome.*********"

I have deleted everything (Technical System, Business System, Product) and recreated them but the error persists .

I also rebooted the j2ee server and cleared the SLD and the CPA cache .

Every help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, issue resolved.

Thank you both for your efforts .

The solution was to navigate to : SLD Administration / Content Maintenance

Subset : Landscape Description

and finally delete all entries of the "Installed Product"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both but none of the above is the solution.

(we had checked the note allready too)

Currently I am following those instructions, but the problem is that although I delete the TS this is not shown as it should . Still I don't think that it is the TS that causes tha problem but the connection between the TS and the Product . ( My guess is that somewhere there should be a wrong database entry, connecting the TS with the Product. Of course I have no idea where to look for it)

Cleaning Up Data

Use

The data supplier programs report data about the systems in your landscape to the SLD. If a system no longer exists in your landscape, the data about the system remains in the SLD. You have to clean up the data manually in the SLD.

Procedure

1. Choose Administration u2192 Automatically Updated Data.

2. Enter a date and optionally a time before which you want to display the systems that reported data to the SLD.

3. Choose Display.

A list of systems is displayed along with the date on which they last reported data to the SLD.

If a particular date is too far in the past (see Scheduling the Data Collection Programs [Page 66]), this is a good indication that the system no longer exists in the system landscape. The SLD has no way of knowing this, so you must manually remove the system from the SLD.

4. Select the system(s) you want to remove from the SLD.

Bear in mind that you remove not only the system but also all its associations to other systems, for example to business systems.

5. If you want to remove the selected system(s) and all their instances, choose Remove.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markos,

Refer this note.it may help you.

SAP Note 851251 SAP NetWeaver 2004s Installation on UNIX

SAP Note 848950 SAP NetWeaver 2004s Installation on Windows

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try stopping & starting the SLD server.

- Gujjeti.