cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods - exclusive - tax calculation

Former Member

dear Collegues,

I have an issue, my client want me to configure Free goods exclusive ie 10+2 offer, but when i am creating a sales order or billing, the Net value will be for 10 items, Excise will be calculated on 12 pieces as its a manufacturing unit, and the tax must be calculated only for 10 piece how can i do this, Kindly suggest me.

regards,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the positioning of the condition type R100 in the pricing procedure. It should be positioned so that it gives 100% discount for the value that includes the tax also.

Please check the condition tab of the free goods line item in the sales order and if the tax values are determined after the R100.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

This can be addressed by proper alignment of from and to of the condition types that is step nos in the pricing procedure

In the tax condition type you should give the step nos of from and to excluding the step no of excise condition type

Suppose if you have 6 condition types in your PP and the excise condition type is positioned fifth that is step no 50 and tax condition type step no as 60 against the tax condition type From and to you should give 10 to 40

See the soln given here is without seeing your screen and it may not be perfect

But the area i have hit upon is right and the same can be addressed by the alignment of either condition types or step nos in the from and to

I have practically done this

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

You mean to say that for Free goods, tax calculation i need to maintain a new Pricing procedure and seperated steps.

regards,

Sudhir

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Sir

In the existing PP itself you can achieve this

Free goods is triggered only with R100 condition type

If there is no item category with TANN in the sales order then this condition type R100 is null and void in the PP as the requirement 55 will not be fulfilled

Hence no need to worry if there is no free item and no need to have a separate PP if free item falls in a sales order

Again i reconfirm you that your requirement can certainly be met with realigning the condition types and proper FROM and TO for the condition types

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you all have not understood my question,

see i have material A which is Rs.100

i am selling for 10 + 2 offer, so my price become 1000

but when it calculates the excise it is calculating for 1200 - which is correct, but when it calculates the Tax ie VAT or CST it has to calculate for Rs. 1000 instead of Rs.1200.

Let me know how to achieve this.

Regards,

Sudhir

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir

For this requirement only the suggestion was sent earlier

You have to achieve thro alignment of steps and from and to in PP

In real sense this settings is a challenge for any SD consultants ablitity

It is difficult for me to explain step by step without looking at your screen or without knowing what are all the condition types you are having in PP

Pls let me know what are all the condition types you have in your PP and their alignment

Because it can be achieved in standards

Sir

Have you got this correct?

Once you do the correct settings you yourself will wonder is it this simple?

The importance of From and to and the importance of alignment of steps in PP does the trick here

All the best

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Jan 8, 2009 12:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For free goods the excise duties will not exempted, once the goods are moving frome the storage location or warehouse or depot you need to pay the excise duties to the Govt, unless you submit the exemtion forms like samples, for samples you need not to pay the excise, for sales tax CST/VAT also you need to pay the taxes, if CST/VAT is not calculation check the pricing procedure

I think you will understand the scenario

Regards

srini