Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occur when draging BI query under XMLA

wen-wei_chuang2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm learning VC 7.0 now.

According to the modeler's guide, I cannot use SAP BI Connector if I want to use BI Integration Wizard.

So I created another connector using XMLA.

However, when I processed final step "Review Output" in BI integration wizard, an error occured.

The message is "Cannot execute. No result returned or XML returned in the result contains an error."

If I drag the query directly from "Find Data", another error occured.

The message is "Error -11021 Cannot create the OLAP data service."

I checked the query on BW server, and it did return some data. So it should not be "No data exist" problem.

And I also found this: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/vc/bi%252bvariables%252bxmla|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/vc/bi%252bvariables%252bxmla]

After I modified all variables to "optional", the errors still occured.

Since I want to use BI Integration Wizard ( I am new in VC. I have no idea how to create a Bi iView that have query template without wizard.) , I can't use SAP BI Connector as the wiki above suggested.

Can anyone tell me how to deal with this problem?

Thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem may the user don't have the credentials to access the BI system.Check the 'User mapping' has done or not and also check the role of the vc user should be 'Super Administrator'. Try this.

Regards

Basheer

wen-wei_chuang2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Basheer,

Thanks for your help.

Our basis found the problem.

The users' mapping is OK.

The problem occurs because the "MDX parser" does not work.

After our basis fixed the MDX parser, the integration wizard works fine now.

BTW, I am wondering if I can't use integration wizard to do the modeling and can only drag the query from "find data", where can I configure the same effect wizard has? (like in wizard we can choose query template "Top N")

Again, thank you very much.