Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting to a r3 system

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to connect to a 46d/46c system through web dynpro.Hence I need to add this system in the SLD to create a JCO Connection to this system. However, when I go to add a technical landscape in the SLD, the options I am given are

-Web AS ABAP

-Web AS Java

-XI

-Standalone Java

-Third Party

-System Landscape Directory

Since the SAP R/3 46c/d system does not come under the above categories, does it mean that web dynpro cannot connect to this sap system?

I tried choosing Third Party and giving SAP R/3 46C as one of the components installed, but I cannot give the message server and application server details under this option. The message server is a mandatory parameter in creating a JCO Connection, so cannot create a JCO Connection for the same.

So am I right in concluding that Web Dynpro Adaptive RFC can only be used to connect to a Web AS based SAP System and not the old R/3 system? If not, how do you do it?

Many Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,

lm

PS: I am using the netweaver sneak preview edition. could that be the reason for me not being given all the options in creating a new system in the technical landscape?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For any R/3 based systems, (R/3 or CRM or SRM etc) systems, you can use WebAS ABAP to create JCO destinations.

Rajit

Answers (0)