SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data migration with method: LSMW+IDoc: How to handle with different view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Retail gurus,

now i am trying to transfer data from txt file to SAP with method: LSMW+IDoc.

How can i handle with different view? for example, for distribution centre and plant.

I believe I should do any coding in LSMW. A function "transfer_record" could be helpful?

Anyone has made it?

thanks a lot!

Kefei

18 REPLIES 18

Former Member
0 Kudos

What data are you migrating? Article? If so, I would recommend using the business object BUS1001001, which uses method RetailMaterial.Clone and ties itself to IDoc message type ARTMAS, basic type ARTMAS05 (assuming ECC 6.0). It's pretty straight-forward using this method. Let me know if you need more help.

0 Kudos

Hi, Justin,

the configuration of lsmw has been set as you said.

my current problem is how to transfer logistic data from several plants as I mentioned in the thread before.

hope, i can get further help from you.

Regards

kefei

0 Kudos

Hi, Justin,

I think you must be fit in the SAP Retail.

I have a general question about the strategy about article data migration.

I should migrate always a complete article with all available data. But how it is about the info record data? since for info record data transfer we need another message type: INFREC, but no more ARTMAS.

Therefore, migration strategy of article data transfer should be:

1. all views of article except info purchase view?

2. info record view.

I am now confused, maybe you can help me.

nice weekend

kefei

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes that correct,

to migrate a full article via IDOCs you need

ARTMAS for the real master data

INFREC for the purchasing view

COND_A for the sales conditions

But if LSMW can trigger BAPIs there is a nice new mega function module to create full articles

WRF_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT

this is a egg-wool-pig creating masterpiece to all the job

0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern!

Question on WRF_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT, how do you extend to the Purchasing View using this FM?

I'm able to successfully create an article and it's info record with this but whenever I try to view via MM43, it always says,

Purchasing data for purchasing organization 1000 does not exist

Message no. MH047

Which is kind of weird because I was able to create the InfoRecord successfully. Please advise.

Thanks,

Aivanny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kefei,

When you migrate data through LSMW+IDoc/Bapi, you don't need worry about different 'views', IDoc/Bapi is different from 'recording' (batch input), it will update the specific tables directly.

(Assume you are using Message Type -LIKOND to do it, right?)

So, no need LSMW function like 'transfer_record' at all.

'View' is just from dialog program point of view, e.g. when you run MM43.

Regards,

Steven

0 Kudos

Hi, Steven,

Message Type I am using is ARTMAS, which create and change article data in retail branch. But it runs similar as normal sap material master data.

I set up 2 source structures:

1. basic data with fields: article number and description

2. plant data. with fields: artikel number, description, Recorder Point, Max. stock level and safty stock.

until step: convert data everthing is ok. but the converted data are not located in the correct structure, i.e. all logistic data of artikel 1 is located under the head of article 2.

I have no idea what happened.

thanks and regards

Kefei

Former Member
0 Kudos

it means, that i must create at least 3 projects for a full artikel migration in Retail.

1. Project 1 with message type: ARTMAS for basic data and logistik data

2. Project 2 with INFREC for Info record

3. Projekt 3 with Condition for Sales condition

How can i get this mega function module: WRF_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT? in which release? ECC6.00 EH3 or?

anyway thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

Here are LSMW's I normally used for article migration:

1. ARTMAS for basic data and logistics data for reference site

2. INFREC for Purchase Info record

3. COND_A for sales condition

4. LIKOND for Listing (which will create all sites data)

One set for generic another for single.

I would not use ARTMAS for sites data as an article normally has different data in different site data.

BTW, you shouldn't make 2 source structures for ARTMAS. If you check the Structure Relations, you will see.

Bapi WRF_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT is available only from ECC6, and we have used it in a Z-program for article data mass changing. (coz MM46 & MASS_MARC are not user-friendly enough.)

Regards,

Steven

0 Kudos

Hi, steven,

thank u very much for the experienced remark!

as u said, artikel migration consistutes of a couple of steps, basic data and logistical view, info record, listing...

from this I would like to ask u how to identify the artikel number?

for example, the article number would be issued by sap automatically. as i am making the second step: transfer the info record, how can i get the new article number for the info record? export the new article number? or through old article number?

this is question is boring me now.

looking forward to hearing from u.

nice week

kefei

0 Kudos

Hi Kefei,

For Article migration, I'll suggest using external number (as the same in legacy system), and that's the normal way.

If you (or your client) decide using internal number, you must put the 'old article number' in the article master in SAP.

Extract the link (between old number and new number) once you create the article in SAP.

Do the 'replace' for further source file and migration.

Now you could see why we'd like to convince the user to use external number for article migration.

Regards,

Steven

0 Kudos

Hi, Steven,

thank u for your helpful experiences!

now I'm trying to create inforec IDoc.

In LSMW for Inbound parameters, which Message type and process code I should take?

INFREC und BAPI?

Thanks in advance!

Kefei

0 Kudos

Message type: INFREC

Process code: INFR

0 Kudos

Hi, Steven,

thank u very much for your prompt reply!

I find also a very useful website:

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/%7Esapidb/011000358700002529571998/default4.htm , where you can find much interesting stoff about data transfer.

Now I have a question while doing Info Record:

How can I transfer purchase condition?

As u said, I am doing LSMW+IDoc with Message type: Infrec and Basic Type: Infrec01.

The project could be processed without error.

I checked also table EINE by Tcode SE16. The net price is also already written in field: NETPR.

But it cannot be showed in the purchase view of Tcode MM43. WHY?

In addition, how can i transfer purchase condition supplements? I have not find fields such as, KSCHL, KBETR... in INFREC.

Have u met the similar question?

Looking foreware to hearing from u!

Regards

Kefei

0 Kudos

Yes, you're right, my friend.

IDoc INFREC will not update the condition of purchase.

However, 'Net Price' on MM43 is coming from the condition type, that's why you won't see the price.

To finish your job, you have to create another LSMW with IDoc COND_A to create the condition of purchase. (yes, it's annoying). You could manage to use the same source file to make your life a little bit easier.

If you use LSMW with 'Standard Batch Input' (Object: 0060), then only one LSMW is needed for PIR, -- I normally choose this way.

Regards,

Steven

0 Kudos

Oh, Steven,

thank u very much for your helps! 6 points for you just now.

it means, that no only sales condition but also purchase condition are processed by the same message type: COND_A?!

0 Kudos

Exactly!

0 Kudos

Hi, Steven,

I am trying to transfer merchandise categories into SAP with LSMW + IDoc.

and being confused with this two IDoc Message Types: CLSMAS and W_WGRP.

My current understanding:

with W_WGRP I can create Merchandise Categories

with CLSMAS I can create Merchandise Category Hierarchy Levels.

If so, why I cannot find field WGBEZ (Material Group Desc.) in W_WGRP?

After that, I have another question: how to assign the merchandise category hierarchy with LSMW+IDoc or BAPI? or I had better to use the Method: Batch Input Recording?

Thank u in advance!

nice weekend

Kefei