cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MetaData of Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a scenario where we will get an idocdata in FlatFile and i am trying the convert the same into the idoc-xml using report provided by sap.

My question is do we need to import the idoc metadata of the sender system ?

I am doing some mapping for the idoc after importing the same in to the IR.Does this metadata of idoc is not used for the same??

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Import IDoc Meta data in XI using TCODE IDX2 but it is not a mandatory step.

Thanks,

Indrani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Did you got my question If not see again.

I am getting the Idoc in flatfile in format and i am conveting the same into idoc using some .....

for this do i need the metadata of idoc.

Thanks for reply

Rajesh

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As you are getting data in flatfile.. Then acc. to me no need to import the Metadata for the same.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sachin,

When i try to run the report for the same (i.e conversion from flatfile to idoc) I am getting error message *Error in IDX1 for sap SAP and port *. What i feel it is trying the load metadata where it didnt find the required port and destination for the same.

Is the metadata imported in IR is not used for the same right??

Thanks in Anticipation

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is the metadata imported in IR is not used for the same right??

yes, its not used as metadata.

You need to maintain port and rfc destination to your SAP R3system from XI using IDX2, which will fetch the metadata of the idoc during runtime. (No need to do manually using transaction IDX1).

When ever you r sending the idoc from SAPR3 to XI, idoc will be verified aginst to this metadata.

Regards,

Sreenivas.

Edited by: sreenivas tirunahari on Jan 7, 2009 9:06 AM

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Check this link to convert flat file to IDOC XML - page 12

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1972bc...

Your scenario is file to IDOC ? or IDOC to file ?

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

in XI system, in IDX1 trasaction create a port for your R/3 system. then re-run your report specifying the location of your flatfile and file port maintained in XI system in WE21.

Then you will get the IDOC-xml conversion done for your flatfile.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

in XI system, in IDX1 trasaction create a port for your R/3 system. then re-run your report specifying the location of your flatfile and file port maintained in XI system in WE21.

Then you will get the IDOC-xml conversion done for your flatfile.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I asked whether the metadata is needed for converting the idocFlatFile to Idoc and answer is yes and i also asked while doing mapping in IR we will import the idoc (which will have metadata) is that not used by IE and answer is no.

Thanks to all for their replies but please unserstand the question exactly while answering.

Regards

Rajesh

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Check this link to convert flat file to IDOC XML - page 12

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1972bc...

Your scenario is file to IDOC ? or IDOC to file ?

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are getting flat-file and mapped it to IDOC in IR after importing the IDOC in IR..........you do not need to do anything for idoc metadata as you have already imported the IDOC in IR and after mapping your data will go to target system in this target IDOC structure.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As you are getting data in flatfile.. Then acc. to me no need to import the Metadata for the same.

OOPS!!! Seems to be some problem with SDN... my reply posted 3 times..

Regards,

Sachin

Edited by: Sachin Dhingra on Jan 7, 2009 12:50 PM

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Regards,

Sachin