cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

In sap R3 we run mrp for project tr code md51. now in ppds what has to be done. any setting in heuristic for only those sales orders which are relevant to project systems.

pls guide.

thank

vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You need to decide whether do you need to run MRP only in R/3 or heuristic in APO PPDS because the outputs of both are same but functionalities are different. If u plan for apo ppds, then you need to customize the heuristic settings, create a heuristic profile and carry out planning run in APO PPDS. Once it is done, the results will get published into R/3.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi senthil,

what i meant was, normally in R3 we run MRP for a Project that is nothing but running mrp for a wbs element separately. see normal mep is single item single level and single item multilevel and for project it is Transaction code md51 or md51 where MRP runs separately for wbs elements.

all i wanted to know is whether there is any heuristic profile which looks after WBS elements. pls clarify.

thanks

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Project orders can only be created and processed in SAP R/3 and transferred from SAP R/3 to SAP APO. In a SAP APO, project orders can neither be created nor deleted manually by the user, nor automatically by the system.

You can use the heuristics for schedule sequence, remove backlog, schedule sequence manually, minimize runtime, rescheduling: bottom-up, rescheduling: top-down, delete fixed pegging relations, fix pegging relations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks balakavi,

thanks for the input. so u mean to say material which are relevant for project should be of mrp type PD but not X0 at all. so only those orders are transferred to APO and rescheduled isit. its like planning in R3 and rescheduling in APO. hope my understanding is correct. pls clarify

thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the MRP type is PD then there is no control in APO.PS networks are created in R/3 and transfered to APO. For more information on Data transfer please look at this link on [Project Orders|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/66/37a83f4d903c17e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Answers (0)