cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter Attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a requirement to send the a XML file from Source(file system) to Target system(SAP System using A BAPI) and also Along with this file I need to send another attachment like JPG file or something. How do I achieve this.

Or is there any scenario where I can send an attachment through a file adapter.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use additional Files option - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3c/b4a6490a08cd41a8c91759c3d2f401/content.htm

but note that it works only on NFS and not on FTP protocol

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope it is okay that I enter this thread. I have a similar problem.

I like to transfer a pdf file from a remote file system to a abap proxy. I have only one file but I have to transfer it via ftp.

At the moment I have no idea how I can manage that the picked file will become the attachment of the xi message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please provide some inputs

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nithiyanandam,

the receiver must be either proxy, soap or ws adapter (which is based on proxy). Using bapi adapter you won't be able to receive the attachment.

using proxy, you can receive attachment like:

DATA: lo_server_context TYPE REF TO if_ws_server_context,

lo_attachment_prtcl TYPE REF TO IF_WSPROTOCOL_ATTACHMENTS.

lo_server_context = cl_proxy_access=>get_server_context( ).

lo_attachment_prtcl = lo_server_context->get_protocol( if_wsprotocol=>ATTACHMENTS ).

Jayson

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sender side - do as Shabarish has suggested.

Receiver side - You cannot use RFC as it does not support attachment. Use abap proxy instead.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On Receiver side how you will be accepting the 2nd file which had sent as an attachment.

With Additional file feature, It will not be converted the Image file to any other format to send to the BAPI.

Thus If receiver is BAPI, I doubt that you could process the image file as an attachment with the data file.

Thanks

Swarup