cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black box at the end of the page while printing smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a strange issue while printing a smartform at the useru2019s location. There is a black box covering the entire lower portion of the page.

In the smartform a window is placed at this position. When I delete the window and print it, the output is fine. I have checked the option of window shading color as well u2013 whatever color/no color I give, it doesnu2019t make any difference.

This happens only in a certain type of printer at the useru2019s location u2013 everywhere else its fine.

Please give some pointers u2013 is this a printer fault or can something be changed in the smartform to solve this problem?

I can send further details, along with screen shot of the output if necessary.

Thanks,

Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is indeed a strange issue.

You can try by deleting each cell contents and replace them with blank nodes one by one instead of making the entire template as dummy and have a check to which cell content is causing such problem.

Also try to reposition the whole window a bit up ( by 0.5 CM or 1 CM ) and check.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will surely try all the options - will update results in another five-six hours..time diff between user's location and mine

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thanks for all the suggestions.. let me explain in case you face this trouble in future...

There are some internal tables which get generated while the smartform function module is generated. In these internal tables, the colour combination, dimensions of each cell etc are defined. By some freakish nature (didnt debug that much!), these tables will not accept a "black - white colour change" if we do it in smartform editor. For example, if you simply change the black colour in a box back to white, it will not get registered in these tables. So, first change it from black to any other colour, say blue 50% intensity. Activate it and generate the smartform function module. Now, go back again and put it to white and activate. Try printing now and the internal tables will consider the white colour...and output will be fine.

The only thing to note here is that, each cell/template has to be done individually - changing everything to blue 50% and activating might not really help. Need to activate the form and generate the function module one by one - tedious job!

Thanks,

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type of content your are displaying inside that window is the clue here.

It seems the content which your displaying under the window is being supported by a specific kind of printers and also this form only has that specific content which is not available in other forms which are working fine at the same printer.

Please identify what is that content.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as the content goes - I commented out the template and its contents and printed just the blank window - and there is still problem!

Which says - its not a problem with the styles, fonts etc...am i correct here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

As you said if u delete the window and print it its working fine check the window any pattern have been included and contact basis team..

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its just a simple window with one small template inside. Probably the only major thing to say about the window is that its a Copies Window - for different copies printed, the data will be different in each.

I have contacted Basis ppl as well - but when the problem happens with just one form, I doubt if ppl will be convinced...though the very same form works fine with Canon Printers!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note two conflicting things here

1. All other forms are printed correct on this type of printer - so it must be a form problem?

(I have checked with/without border, with/without text, changed saturation settigns...to check if its a font/style problem)

2. Only HP printers networked to SAP directly has this problem - so it must be a printer problem?

(This fault has been observed on 3 different models of HP printer, each with the correct matching device type, but Canon device types are fine.)

Please advice.

Thanks,

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto window that is displayed in full black....

in output option tab...

under shading...

set the saturation as 0%...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This looks to be the issue with the Printer at User's End. Better contact BASIS people.

Vishwa.