Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

For customer master we have an option to make few fields as optional or mandatory......but for material master do we have any such settings?..so that I can select few entries as mandatory.....help required...thanks in advance............

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumar,

Check with:

T. Code: OMSR, or

Path: SPRO-> Logistics General -> Material Master -> Field Selections -> Assign Fields to Field selection group

In this transaction, find the Table-Field on the list and press the field selection maintenance button (grenn button with the yellow arrow on the right)

Scroll down on the bottom part of the screen to find the relevant transactions (say, MM01 or MM02 etc.) and set the radio button to Hide/Display/Reqd./Optional.

The screen selection is done for transaction code, Industry sector, Material type and User specific.

Best Regards,

Amit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is done by MM people and as Mr. Ravishankar said it is controlled by also material type

But material type mainly controls how many tabs should open etc?

Field selection in MMR

SPRO -> Logistic - General -> Material Master -> Field Selection -> Maintain field Selection For data Screens

T CODE: OMS9

Here only the settings relevent to your qn is done

Regards

Raja

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The fields and views of the customer master reocord is controlled by the Account Group and like wise the fileds and views of the Matrial Master record is controlled by Material Type.

Thanks,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumar

Yes you can achieve.

First go to material master and choose which field you want to change it to mandatory or option.

For example, if you want the Delivering Plant as mandatory in material master, go to material master Sales: sales org.1 view, and make a note of the Table Name and field name (MVKE::DWERK).

Now go to OMS9, place your mouse on Field sel.group and press F4. There a list will be displayed. Search for the above field and select and press Enter key. Now double click on Field name MVKE-DWERK and select the box Reqd Entry against sel.group 95.

Like this, you can make changes for material master.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

As per ur suggestion I tried to maintain material description field as an optional one but when I saw the field selection grp 20 it shows as an optional I wonder even then the system does'nt allow me to go further without entering any value in that particular field....why is it so?....since it is an optional field I can ignore and go for the next step ryt?..........what wud b te reason?...Thanks in advance