Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on the Assigned Funds in the PS budgeting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I met a very strange problem.

First, I use the budget\actual\commitment\rem plan\assign (s_alr_87013558) to look at one lowest level WBS element A. In this report, this WBS element A has budget $4875000, actual $4892399, commitment $26 and assigned $4892426.

Second, I use the CJ31 to display budget. It said current budget $4875000, Distributable $4875000, but the assigned is $4974925.

In order to find why there is a difference, I used CJI3 to check the actual and it is $4892399. Then I used CJI5 to check the commitment and it is 26. I also use CJI8 to check the budget and it is $4875000. And I used CN41 to check there is no order assigned to this WBS element A.

I cannot tell why there is a difference between the assigned amount in s_alr_87013558 and assigned amount in CJ31. I don't think there should be any difference. Can anyone help me to find where the difference come from?

Thanks,

Ting

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try the following and check

call the WBS-element / project in transaction CJ31.

Display the budget values. Now in the menu choose "Extras->Availability

Control->Analysis". On the pop up confirm year.

Then You see the project structure with the budget values.

Now enter the following command into the "OK-code" field:

=SUM

now check whether you a pop-up that 'the assigned values are inconsistent'.

If it is then there is data inconsistency.

For the repair of this values please start the following transactions:

-CJEN (to rebuild the project database)

after this finished start

-CJBN->this rebuilds the assigned values

then run RKANBU01 report in SE38.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is so helpful. I did the CJ31 and then click "Extras->Availability Control->Analysis". I got the list of the line items for the assigned budget. I added the line item up and got the total 4887869.26. But the Assign budget is 4,974,982. So it seems there is data inconsistency. I will do the repair steps.

Thanks a lot!

Ting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want some clarification on what you have said :

First I went into CJ31. I got into the path you said : Extras->Availability Control->Analysis

We are planning budget at overall level, hence probably i am not getting the year selection pop up. i went inside the report.

I am stuck at this stage : Now enter the following command into the "OK-code" field: =SUM

I am not getting this : OK-CODE field, i am not getting this field. can you guide me on this point to please help me to find out if there is inconsistency. So mean to say if i do this : it will show me a pop-up that 'the assigned values are inconsistent', if data inconsistent.

178837 note : it only says ... try CJBN. I have tried this but the end result is not satisfactory. There is no change in assained value of CJ31 & SLR_xxxxxxx58 report.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the note 178837.

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found another thing that might cause the problem. All the transaction currency is Eur and CO currency is US dollars. Is that possible that CJ31 is using different exchange rate from the other standard report CJI3 or s_alr_87013558? If it is possilbe, how can we fix this to make sure they are using the same exchange rate?

Thanks,

Ting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Please check if there is any planned cost coming through network. i.e. if there are any activity costs planned through activity type and cost center. These planned cost will not reflect in s_alr_87013558.

2. If it is the exchange rate issue then you can set it in the report s_alr_87013558. There is a currency tab. (CtrlShiftF4) provided in the report.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

We didn't use any networks and we don't use planning either here. So there is not plan cost coming from networks.

I think it might be a SAP system error.

Thanks,

Ting

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Cost Element wise report , there you will find all cost ( cost element wise), there you will come to know from where cost is coming ( just compare with heirarchy report)

Venkatesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we get the breakup, cost element wise of the assigned values flowing in the CJ31. so that i can compare with the cost elements wise ( maintained in value categories ) for A_SLR report