cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment Stock Automatic Replenishment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

We are doing Consignment business with a customer . We use both Fill up and Consignment Issue processes.

I have a unique requirement where we need to maintain minimum stock level at Customer Location . That is whenever Consigment issue happens and the stocks goes below the minimum level at customer site , then we want the SAP system to generate automatic 'Consignment Fill up' to maintain the required stock level .

Is it possible in standard SAP R/3 System ECC 5.0

Thanks

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

If you want to maintain a minimum stock level at customers location then on regular basis consignment fillup should take place. So you should be knowing how much stock should be there at consignement place. So when you create a consignment Issue , make the consignement issue delivery dates different dates with some quantities.Then that stock can be filled up at consignee place

Say for example

Consignment Issue --- 100pcs

Consignment Fillup -

1st delivery date 05/01/2009--->50pcs

1st delivery date 10/01/2009--->50pcs

Again on 01/09/2009 you will be doing Consignment Issue for 100pcs. Then again the stock will be reserved

In this way once the consignment issue is done then before that delivery date , you have to create Consignment Issue for some quantity

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thank you for taking time to help me. I appreciate it.

The issue here is , the user wants the system to create Consignment fill up automatically whenever the consignment stock at Customer Location drops from a minimum level . I think it is possible using SCM -Kanban solution. I do not know whether standard SAP has this feature.

thanks once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

From what I know, this is not standard functionality in "standard" SAP if you represent the customer stock as consignment at least.

Nevertheless I think it is very easy to have a batch job generate the consignment fill-up when the consignment stock is below security stock.

I know there is something called VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) that might correspond to the need, but I don't think it is standard SAP (I think it is part of APO), someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Anyway the "batch" consignment fill-up seems a good solution, even if it is a development, it automates manual standard SAP functionality, so it is OK IMHO.

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

SAP Freelance Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Franck Lumpe for taking time and answering my question. Let me check on VMI process in SAP . Its available in ECC 5.0

Thanks and regards

Tom

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

we still have R/3 4.70 and would have to pay for VMI.

What we are just starting: Add fields to the info record with the numbers (max, min stock) and have a batch job running which compares the min stock stock with actual stock, open issues and open fill-ups.

It`ll take us about 5 days of programming and, of course, the training.

Answers (0)