Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner determination

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in partner determination procedure , the partner functions are assigned to partner procedure and then partner procedure is assigned to account groups. so i think when i create a customer master for account group 0001(sold to party), as per this setting, all the partner functions get determined in customer master( account grp <--

partner procd<--

partner function)

my question is why there is a separate config settings of assigning partner functions to account groups when the above setiing is already done.

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sachin

In partner determination procedure , partner functions are assigned to partner procedure which is standard SAP delivered. But when you configure then first you will be creating your own partner determination procedure , and we will be assigning our partner functions to that partner determination procedure , and that is the main reason all partner functions wont get copied .

Finally we assign our our partner determination procedure to our account group and whatever partner functions we have assigned to our partner determination procedure that will be copying into our account group

Now coming to your query , we may have to do assign / delete partner functions assigned to our partner determination procedure ., because every time we may not need that partner function ,

Regards

Srinath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

Partner determination procedure:

We create a procedure to determine partners

Partner functions in procedure:

Here we assign specifically which partner functions are to be determined by above procedure.

Partner determination procedure assignment:

Here we assign the partner determination procedure to a specific account group for which we require the determination.

Account group function assignment:

Here we specify by which account group we can create master data for that particular partner function (Ex. Ship to party ,payer etc..)

I hope this helps you to understand the concept.

Regards,

Abhee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Firstly the Partner Det. Procedure (PDP) helps in fetching the partner functions to the document or transaction wherever the PDP is assigned eg. Customer master, Sales Order etc. as per the attached partner functions in the procedure.

Now for your question why we assign the partner function to Account group. It is because until you assign the Partner function with the account group, the system fails to identify the role of the account group. i.e. when you enter the Customer Code in the field Sold-to-Party in a Sales document, the system will accept the code only if the account group is assigned to SP else the system will throw an error " the customer code XXX is not a Sold-to-Party" though the account group may be of the Sold-to-Party.

So if you have different number series for Sold-to-Party and Ship-to-Party and you want to restrict the Ship-to-Party to be fed as input in the Sold-to-Party field in the Sales document, you should not assign

the SP partner function with the Ship-to-Party account group.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I am not clear with your question. But what i understood is " Partner functions assigned to Account group" , This is not clear.

In SAP we do not assign any partner functions directly to account groups, only a partner determination procedure is assigned to account group in order to maintain the different partner functions required for the business. In this procedure we need to identify the required partner functions and optional partner functions.

The requirement differs from client to client. Hope this is clear to you, if not let me know.

Thanks

Venkat Cheedalla