cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDAV Versioning and Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed the WebDAV on my pc and trying to work out some of the WebDAV features. In WebDAV, i am not able to see the old versions of the documents. Only current version is getting displayed. Also there is a option to do the versionig and Authorizations on the documents. But i am not able to perform these operations.

When i am trying to version a document, i am getting a message saying, versions are not activated. Other than that the authorizations that are available are same as authorizations in cFolders or different. If they are same, how to activate them.

Thanks in advance,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

silvia_kreuzhuber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I assume you mean Portal Drive, maybe below online documentation helps (especially chapter 'Versioning'):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/C99B91341A6BADE10000000A1553F6/frameset.htm

The authorizations for the user are checked in the cProjects or cFolders system, so they are the same.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

Thanks for the information. But in WebDAV i am not able to achieve the same available in the help. When i am trying to do active versioning, i am getting a message sating 'Access Denied' error. What authorization i need to have for this.

Other than that i am not able to see the authorizations that are created for the object in filed 'sharing'. it is displaying blank for me.

Also i am able to view all the files, even i though i dont have authorizations for some of the objects in WebDAV.

Do you have any idea on all these....

thanks,

rajesh.

silvia_kreuzhuber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

the authorizations are derived from cFolders. The different authorizations in cFolders can be found under (not sure which release you are using):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm450sp04/helpdata/en/43/054880bbe822f5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm -> Authorizations -> Authorized activities

For example:

Write

This activity includes read authorization. The user has the additional authorization to change the object. In a document, the user can change the name and description, create new versions, and overwrite the content of the current versionu2026

Please make also sure that you use the latest version of the Portal Drive Client, it is attached to SAP note 911449 to exclude known errors. However, your questions are more related to the Portal Drive features than to cFolders, is it possible that you post your question in the Portal Drive Forum to get more information?

Regards,

Silvia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to post a new question. So closing this open one.