cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneos system copy in MAXDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Anybody could me help, I never work with MaxDB Database and I get to do a Homogeneos system copy of PRD to QAS..

Please anybody could help me.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Osvaldo Antonio dos Santos,

-> Are you SAP customer?

-> Please give more details about the version of the system & the version of the MAXDB database.

-> If you are the SAP customer please overview the SAP notes:

1014782 FAQ: MaxDB system copy

820824 FAQ: MaxDB / SAP liveCache technology

-> The MAXDB documentation available at

http://maxdb.sap.com/documentation/ -> SAP MaxDB 7.6 Library -> Tutorials

-> Database Administration Tutorial < -> Creating a Database Copy (Importing a Data Backup into Another D >

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Natalia,

The first thank you, Answear you ask.. yes I'm a SAP Basis but my knowledge is good in sql server, Oracle, DB2 but i never work with MaxDB..

I've been looked the sapnote 129352 and you could say better than me..

the basic steps of HSC is :

backup full

restore in another target

change the schema using the command "dbmcli -d <NEWSID> -u control,control -uSQL superdba,admin".

After this do it the post HSC..

Is this ? is this like SQL HSC..

waiting your anwear .

Thanks

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo,

the command you posted is incomplete.

It's just the logon to the database but it does not change anything.

To change the schemaname after the restore, please run the following command:

dbmcli -d <DBSID> -u control,<pw> , -uSQL superdba,<pw> sql_execute rename user sap<oldsid> to sap<newsid>

Make sure to not forget to setup the XUSER data accordingly on the copied system.

best regards,

Lars

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Osvaldo Antonio dos Santos,

-> Please give more details about the version of the system & the version of the MAXDB database.

-> As SAP customer you was able to read the recommended notes & SAP Note No. 129352.

As it was written in the note:

"To import a backup from another system, a 'normal' recovery is not sufficient. An 'Instance install' or an 'Recovery with Initialization' must be carried out."

Please also pay attention to the "Prerequisites" section of the SAP Note No. 129352. And if you want to perform a system copy for an SAP liveCache instance, see SAP notes 457425 and 632357.

The basic steps of Homogeneos system copy, the SAP Note No. 129352, are :

a) Create the complete data backup of the MAXDB database on the source system;

b) Copy the complete databackup to the target server & use the option 'Recovery with Initialization' to restore the databackup on the target.

c) Follow the note further and do c), d) & e) steps.

You wrote, that change the schema using the command "dbmcli -d <NEWSID> -u control,control -uSQL superdba,admin".

Please check the SAP Note No. 129352, step e), with the written by you command you will get the SQL connection session as SUPERDBA user, if the DBM user of the database is control with the default password control, and the SYSDBA user/pwd of the target database is superdba/admin. Please run the SQL statement "rename user SAP<SID> to SAP<NEWSID> " to rename the database user or

" dbmcli -d <NEWSID> -u control,control -uSQL superdba,admin sql_execute rename user SAP<SID> to SAP<NEWSID>"

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you I gonna try do that..