cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot creation for posting to new material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client requirement is that, while doing stock posting he will post some qty. to unrestricted use & some qty. to new material.For this qty. which is posted to new material an inspection lot should be generated.

My second requirement is that, while posting the stock to new material is it possible to post the stock without creation of new batch.

Thanks in advance

regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

It is possible Refer the below step.

Material to Material Convert with same batch

If your doing material to material conversion with in the QM (ie means in QA11) System will not create any inspewction lot Bcz its happen with in the QM.

So for that reason if u want Inspection inspection lot you have to follow the below step.

Active 08 - Inspection type for new material.

Now you can do the transfer posting : Go to MB1B with movement type as 309 enter plant and press enter.

In Next screen enter Material code, qty, Storage location and in top of screen enter receipt material (New Material) code, storage location, batch (if you want enter same batch no).

Save.

Now got Inspection lot overview in QA32 system will create the 08 - inspection lot for new material .

Check and revert back

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi babu,

Here i have a question , in above case you said to use tcode mbib mTy 309 ; but how i can do stock posting as long as material is under quality inspectopn( inspection lot ) .To use movement type 309 material has to be posted from quality inspection lot first.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Asd

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Thanks to all of you for your reply.I will follow the procedure suggested by Mr.babu.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The scenario can be mapped only as per the steps suggested by Babu.

Your first requirement is not possible with QA11 STD SAP........

Because, as rightly mentioned by him it will not generate any inspection lot for Material to Material posting through QA11, though you have activated the inspection type 08 or any other. Because it will perform this transfer posting with the movement type 321 in reference to trx QA11.

At the other hand your second requiement is also not possible with QA11 STD SAP because,,,

you have to provide the new material a Batch number hence you have ticked the material for Batch Mgmt in material master. If you will try to skip the batch management activation particular for the movement type 321, by maintaining the value as "G-No generation" in the field Create New Batch in trx OMJJ for the movement type 321.

So to meet your requirement the easiest option available to you is to follow the brilliant suggestion by Babu.

To make some automation in it you can use the user exist....

MQEVAF45 , QEVA0009 from this exists you can call the trx MB31 that is referred by Babu, if any entry falls in new material at the time of QA11 stock posting.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jan 7, 2009 4:41 PM

Hello ASD ASH,

Using MB1B can only happen once you post the entire stock to Un restricted for the same material first through QA11 and then you can perform the transfer posting manually.

That is the message Mr. Babu wanted to convey, I am right Babuji.!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can do it while UD if your inspection type is stock relevant

if you want to post to diferent material and that material is batch managed or not

if yes then what will be batch no?

you want to give same batch no like original or not?

what is your batch management level is it plant level or mat or client?

you have to give more detail then only we can say or talk to your business , how they want what is the current process

thanks

Sami