Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can FS03 be made Display only without removing Create/Change Activities

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

ECC 6.0 Release 700

Our internal auditors have asked to limit access to change the Chart of Accounts. Currently our Functional team has access to do this via transactions FS00, FSS0, FSP0, etc. which needs to be removed.

The issue is that if we assign display transaction FS03 to the functional team's role, the Change and Create buttons are still enabled due to the corresponding activities in the Authorization object F_SKA1_BUK, as it seems FS00 and FS03 are essentially the same. The same holds true for FSS3 and FSP3.

Unfortunately, the functional team requires the create and change activity in F_SKA1_BUK for other transactions, so if we strip the activities for the purposes of FS03, they will lose functionality elsewhere.

The standard reports S_ALR_87012327 and S_ALR_87012328 were deemed as insufficient replacements for the information in FS00.

Is there any way to limit the functionality of FS03 to Display only without taking away the create and change activities?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jared,

Srikanth has rightly pointed out that when you click on the change button on the FS03 screen the system navigates to transaction FS00...but only if the user has authorization to FS00 in the object S_TCODE. If not then the message would be "not authorized" eventhough you have 01 & 02 actvt in teh otehr objects.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jared,

Please check the Object F_SKA1_KTP (G/L Account: Authorization for Charts of Accounts), Object F_SKA1_BES (G/L Account: Account Authorization) with which values these object's are maintained.

Restricting the Object F_SKA1_KTP with only Display access may help.

0 Kudos

Hello Jared,

In continuation to my earlier reply please also check if the Transaction code FS00 is present in the Object

S_TCODE . As when we execute transaction FS03 and try to change and any Account then the transaction FS00 is called in back ground. Please remove FS00 from the S_TCODE and check if the user still has the authorization to change.

Thanks,

Srikanth.

0 Kudos

Hello Jared,

Srikanth has rightly pointed out that when you click on the change button on the FS03 screen the system navigates to transaction FS00...but only if the user has authorization to FS00 in the object S_TCODE. If not then the message would be "not authorized" eventhough you have 01 & 02 actvt in teh otehr objects.

> Regret the double post...but there seems to be some error in the orginal post by Srikanth.

Edited by: Subramaniam Iyer on Jan 7, 2009 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jared,

0 Kudos

While researching F_SKA1_KTP, I found that without the change or create activities in both F_SKA1_KTP and F_SKA1_BUK, the buttons gray out. The functional team is currently researching if they need change/create in F_SKA1_KTP, as I sent them a list of transactions they have for which it is required.

I tried to remove S_TCODE FS00, but when I ran FS03 it gave me a "not authorized for FS00" message and did not display the screens. I removed the dependency via SE97, but then FS03 essentially became FS00 and I was back at square one.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

0 Kudos

Jared,

We are encountering the same situation here with the Auditors.

Can you provide an explanation on what the end users authorization profile looks like for this resolution?

I'm curious to see how the auth objects were configured to be 'display only'.

Thanks!

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

Due to the nature of the program, removing the activities was the only way to limit access.

0 Kudos

> Is there any way to limit the functionality of FS03 to Display only without taking away the create and change activities?

> Due to the nature of the program, removing the activities was the only way to limit access.

Sounds reasonable to me, considering that there are countless navigation means to FS03 from many many transactions and reports.

Cheers,

Julius