cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk: How to control the user status set by "reply" button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SolMan 7.0 SP15, I have set up the Service Desk and we are using the work center (web) for customers to create incidents in the service desk. When displaying their list of incidents, customers have the option of pushing a button named Reply (along with buttons Add Attachment, Confirm and Print View).

When a customer pushes the Reply button, types in a reply and clicks Send in the pop-up, the incident is returned to user status Sent to support (technical name SND1). How can I control which status the incident is set to? I would like to set another status Customer Reply, which I have already defined. Surely there is an ABAP that sets this status or a piece of customising which controls this, but I can't find it...

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The status of a transaction is set by HF_SET_STATUS. Please check the Note 919477. This note is for Transaction type, SDMI. For Service Desk the transaction type is SLFN.

This should solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read the note you mention and also had a close look at the involved methods. However, I am unable to find the place where the user status of the incident is set. Surely, there must be a piece of ABAP code or similar that controls how the status of the incident is set when the user clicks "reply".

Do you know the name of the ABAP or BADI that controls what happens when the user clicks "reply"?

Thanks

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have the same problem, did you resolve this issue?

Thanks

best regards

Samad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well yes, but it required quite a bit of re-programming. As it turns out, the customisation already exists in the system, but the programs that are supposed to handle the required system statuses are not in the system and hence need to be programmed first.

We have probably spent about 20 hours in order to set it up, so it is not simple...