cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ehp1 install

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a solution manager server 4.0 (now 7.0, I guess) up and running. It works, but does not have enough system resources (RAM, processors,etc) to keep up with our current environment. I want to build a brand new system on a more powerful server. I don't care about moving any of the existing settings on the old system to the new system.. I'm not using the the old system for transport management. It won't take me that long to do the post configuration steps on the new system. Then, we can do the transport management migration later this year.

I'm confused about how to proceed. In the service.sap.com/swdc I see downloads for Solution Manager 7.0, Solution Manager 7.0 Enterprise edition, and finally Solution Manager Ehp1. In service.sap.com/instguides, I've read what documentation I could find, but can't make much sense of it. I guess I'm a little dense. I believe I want to end up with ehp1.

To get there, do I install Solution Manager 7.0, then upgrade to ehp1, then do the post config steps? Or can I go directly to Solution Manager ehp1 without installing Solution Manager 7.0 if I don't have any existing configs that I want to save.

Finally, could there be reasons to go to the Enterprise Edition either before or after the ehp1 upgrade?

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just My view - Install a new SSM 7.0 and if you have ur SP15 levels in - there would be no harm in moving to enterprise edition. (Note 1140258 - Installation of SAP Solution Manager Enterprise Edition) can help you....and i personally feel - as its only the early stages of eHP 1 for SSM - why not wait for some more time....Are you pressed to install SSM along with eHP1 ?

So a new server with SSM 7.0 should work fine and eHP 1 or (2) later installation can be done using their new Tool which should be released shortly...

Rgds,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also i am sure you must have noted this point out for eHP1 -

The following note only applies to SAP customers in Germany and Austria:

The software package "SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0" can only be installed and used by customers who have one of the following types of maintenance contract: SAP Enterprise Support, Product Support for Large Enterprises, SAP MaxAttention. If you are in doubt, please contact your account executive.

- Just in case if you fall into that category.....