cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Plant is mising in sales order then i want to get a error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client wants an error message during the creation of sales order by: VA01 if the Plant is missing for the sales order.The system will not allow him to create the order. Please guide me how to configure it.

Thanks and regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try out for incompletion log....

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Incompletion log i only find the warning message, how i wil do it error message

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per standard you will get only warning message no error message

But if you tick incomplete messages check box in the transaction flow tab in VOV8 you cannot a sales order without completing data or with incomplete data

That will solve your purpose

Reagrds

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In the Incompletion log along with the warning message you can set for the error message also.

In the incompletion log definition maintain the following settings for your requirement.:

Table: VBAP

Field Name:WERKS

Screen: PDE2

By setting the Screen you can make the field mandatory in the incompletion log.

Regards,

Karthik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

T. Code: OVA2

Select -

Group-----Description

B----

Sales - Item

and Double-Click: Procedures (left-hand Dialong Structure)

Select -

Incompletion Procedure---Description

20----

Standard Item

and Double Click: Fields (left-hand Dialong Structure).

Maintain entry as:

Table----Field Name-Description---Screen-Status-Warning--

Seq.

VBAP---WERKS---Plant

PDE2-02
Check the Box
--

Note: Its always advisable to create Z-InComp. from Standard-one. Say, you create Z2 with ref. to 20, Make necessary changes - Z2 instead of 20, in above explaination.

Go to

T. Code: VPU2 - " Error Logs for Sales Document Item Category "

and assign the "Incompletion Procedure" within Tab: Transaction Flow(say, Z2 or 20, as defined in OVA2)

Now if you create a Sales order with out entering a Plant, system will not allow you to save the sales order.

Best Regards,

Amit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar

Go to OVA2, block B - Sales-Item and double click on Procedures. Again block 20 - Standard Item and click on Fields. There maintain as follows:-

VBAP:::WERKS:::Plant::::PDE2:::02

Now go to VOV7, select your item category and assign 20 against the field "Incompletion Proced." and save.

The above incompletion log will not allow you to save the sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kumar

Maintain Incompletion log at item level , so in SPRO->sales and distribution->basic functions->Define Incompletion log .

Maintain WERKS feild in the incompeltion log and check the box warning in the status group and assign the status group to the item category .and also to sales document type also

Just cross check that whatever incompletion log you have configured that incompletion log is coming in VOV7 & VOV8 or not

Regards

Srinath

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Plant is determined from CMIR,CMR,MMR at item level in sales order

AS per my knowledge in any account group of CMR delivering plant is a reqd entryand also in MMR in sales org data 1 tab it is a reqd entry So naturally it will flow in sales order

I did try in removing the plant from these two master datas and in that case to make delivering plant to a mandatory entry then thro incompletion procedure it can be achieved

In the procedure which is assigned to your order type add the table VBAP and field WERKS in t code OVA2 and remember to tick the incomplete messages tick box in the transaction flow tab in VOV8

Then i am not able to save sales order without this plant

So with this you can achieve your requirement

As i said earlier plant is a mandatory entry in CMR and MMR i dont see any business requirement for such a configuration and plant being such an important parameter without this shipping pt determination is also not possible.So plant is a must in master data which will flow in sales orders

Regards

Raja