cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a scenario like this: Portal (WebSphere) <-> XI <-> IS-U and my difficultly is in SOAP connection between Portal and XI.

I have maybe 50 interfaces to connect Portal with XI and I don’t know if I need to generate one WSDL file per interface and gives it to Portal team?

The Portal develop team needs to develop one component per WSDL/Interface? It means a big effort!!! There is way to do something easier, dynamically maybe?

I gave a WSDL file to the develop team (as test) and when they had imported this and generated the web service model, the colleague of Portal team ask me about an object that he need to call a method to execute the request and I don’t know what is talking about it… How can I get this object?

Please anyone can provide me some clues on it.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

From your post it looks like there are problems on the portal during consuming of the webservice. Incase of a typical Netweaver portal scenario its very simple(import wsdl as webdynpro model and execute!). For a WebSphere setup, you might find the following link usefull(if you are not comfortable with java, you could forward it to the portal team

<i>Java API for XML-based RPC (JAX-RPC): JAX-RPC is the implementation package for supporting SOAP 1.1 XML-based RPC calls. The core JAX-RPC package contains a fully functional JAX-RPC client for invoking Web services and a reference implementation of a JAX-RPC server. Along with the core package, the Java WSDP distribution contains a number of command-line tools for building client stubs from a Web Services Definition Language (WSDL) file and deploying server components....</i>

link: http://www.vsj.co.uk/java/display.asp?id=248

Note that this covers a generic scenario where the client consuming the service is java based. There might be an easier way, if Websphere provides a framework for it(like netweaver portal). In that case, You might get a quicker response if you post this query on a Websphere forum also. The link also discusses <b>Dynamic Proxy Generation</b>, which I think is also a sub-question you asked.

Hope this is of some help,

Harsh

PS: The following also might be useful

<b>Using WebSphere with Java Web services

</b>

<i>If you would like to use the Java XML components that support Web services with another Java Servlet implementation, such as IBM WebSphere, you may want to just use the Java XML Pack on its own. The Java XML Pack has many of the same components described in this article but does not come with a server platform. With the Java XML Pack, it is easier to determine the packages that need to be installed in the appropriate classpaths within WebSphere. For more on WebSphere, see the Resources section below......</i>

link: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-jwsdp/#resources