cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tray Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

when printing in SAP, is it possible to print on several trays at once ?

Example:

A Smartform is printed on printer A and it comes out on tray 1 (white paper) and on tray 2 (yellow paper)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we solve this with printer groups

antonio_steinhuser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a similar problem.

Our people want to print invoices to a tray number 3 of a printer. But the invoices printed from tray 1. I have config the default tray in SPAD to tray3 --> but this will not work??

Gruß

Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this surely helps, but is a little bit disappointing that SAP cannot handle this in the standard.

Further, in SAP there is only tray 1 - 3 in SPAD.

Do you know how I could access e.g. tray 4 ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Guess you will have to catch hold of an ABAPER to write a program. Call the same physical printer twice with two different output devices from SPAD. i.e. two spool requests.

Output device 1> Set the paper tray number in 'Output Attributes' as well as 'Activate' the Tray number in 'Tray Info' tab. Eg. Tray 1

Output device 2> Set the paper tray number in 'Output Attributes' as well as 'Activate' the Tray number in 'Tray Info' tab. Eg. Tray 2

Call the program to create 2 spool request with the mentioned 2 different output types.

This would be much easier than calling one spool request and changing the output devices via sap program.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pranay