cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Configuration for Dialog Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding "Monitoring multiple instances / systems thru CCMS with same SID"

I have installed remote CCMS configuration for my central instance. Here Monitored system is Central instance of my production and CEN is DEV. Also configured the ccmsping.

Alerts are coming properly for the set thresholds whatever i configured for my central instance.

I have dialog instances ( application servers) for my CI. I want to configure CCMS for my dialog instances also.

I read the following url, In that "Advanced Functions of the CCMS agents" --> "Monitoring Multiple Systems with an Identical System ID" --> Read the 2nd point in the

given example. I'm trying to do the same. But did not succeeded.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/77/d9ba3b3bf00152e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Any solution, how to install/configure CCMS for a dialog instance from CEN system.

Regards,

Iyyappan MR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Gaveesh_Prasad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The mentioned link takes us to the Monitoring Systems with same SIDs. For example: If there are 2 systems in the landscape with System Ids as TEP, then the mentioned URL helps in setting up of Central CCMS.

According to my knowledge it is enough to Monitor Central Instance, as all of the other Dialog instnaces share same kernel as CI.

Explicitely if applications are there in DI then another agent has to be installed.

Best Regards,

Gaveesh