cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD-integation with SAP-PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to know whether CAD integration product (sold through SAP as a standard product ) comes along with the SAP-PLM product or no?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each CAD tool is having its own interfaces to understand the CAD File formats and structures, there are many third party tools available as given in the below link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/CADIntegrationin+PLM

Based on the requirement of CAD tool need to opt suitable interface...eg: UG- plm++ from DSC, PRO-E from Cenit

Thanks,

Suresh HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please find the link below to get a brief idea of how SAP-PLM can be integrated with CAD packages.The link below gives an idea how PRO/E is integrated with SAP-PLM.

[Link removed: content deleted]

Hope you al get a brief idea

Thanks

Athmanand.R

Message was edited by: Jason Lax

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is offering the IDES Demo data. In there you can find the example of the so-called PLM roadshow (also documented in partners.sap.com/plm). Also the CAD Files for the robot should be part of the IDES system.

In the SAPGui please go to "System" -> "Status". Here you can see, what is installed on the server. For cPro / cFolders / RPM the technical name is CPRXRPM.

Best regards,

Martin

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the sdwc only those packages are displayed, where you have the authorization. I would reconmend to check with the SAP team in your company.

The CAD View tab is for showing the 1:1 structure of the CAD Assembly. So it is only displayed, when the SAP system is called from the CAD System via the integration software. Inside the CAD Integration software usually you will find a description about the installation and the setting-up. Which CAD Software are you using?

Best regards,

Martin

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what exactly do you mean? If you look at the PLM Solution Map (service.sap.com/solutionmaps), than you will find, that SAP PLM covers many areas like compliance, costing, portfolio management, service structures, and many many more topics. Physically they are sometimes shipped in different packages, that can all be installed on NetWeaver. Some areas, like the collaboration solution, should even be installed in the DMZ on a separate server.

If you want to know, what SAP PLM is, I would recomend to look at the solutionmap. It is interactive, so that you can drill down in the individual details.

I hope that helps,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the link "http://service.sap.com/swdc", it is showing u201Cno data Available"...

Also when viewing sap gui ( installed and having above mentioned packages) i am unable to find CAD view.... i can only see sap view and document list....

can u please guide in this regards...

Thanks and regards,

santhosh kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi martin,

Can u tell me whether there are any demo cad objects that we can find without actually having to check-in from CAD system so that we can explore using sap view ???

Also can we explore top-down approach here???

I also wanted to know whether with ECC 6.0 installed cProjects also gets installed or should we downlpad it from marketplace???

thanks and regards,

Santhosh kumaru.p

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can download all SAP Software from http://service.sap.com/swdc .

Here: Installations and Upgrades -> Application Group -> Supplementary Components for Cross Industry Solutions -> Life-Cycle Data Management -> SAP PLM Integrations.

There you find all software for the individual CAD Systems.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what are the modules that come along with mySAP-PLM product??? and whether what ever packages i have specified constitutes the complete mySAP-PLM product packages???

Thanks and regards

santhosh kumar

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from SAP side everything is already there, what is missing is the software for the CAD Client. You can download them from SAP Service Marketplace.

Sometimes some integrations also contain in addition some ABAP transports for certain exits or BADIs. For huge data volumes and the usage in various locations sometimes also require the usage of an additional content server.

In order to grant externals over the firewall access from their CAD System directly to SAP PLM would require ECC 6.0, EhP 4.

Technical integration can be done in a few minutes / hours. More interesting is the process integration into the change management, the right release strategy, apporval workflows, digital mockup, redlining, ...

This depends strongly on the industry or the company.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u tell me where can i download it in service market place?? and

what are the modules that come along with mySAP-PLM product??? and whether what ever packages i have specified constitutes the complete mySAP-PLM product packages???

Thanks and regards,

Santhosh kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SAP-PLM ECC 6.0 with SR-2 installed

and can view following packages (SE-80) under CDESK

Dictionary objects

class library

programs

function groups

transactions

set/get parameters

message classes

enhancements..

Can u tell me whether direct cad integration is supported in this case??

if not what are the add-ons required???

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from SAP the following CAD Integrations are directly available:

- AutoCAD

- Inventor

- SolidWorks

- SolidEdge

- NX

- Pro/E

- Catia V4

- Catia V5

- Ideas

More details (like the detailed supported releases) are available at http://service.sap.com/plm

Other integrations to more CAD tools are provided by partners, also towards ECAD tools (e.g. http://www.cenit.de/en/sap/products/integration.html) or Microstation (http://www.cideon.de/cideon/en/so/produkte/sap_cad_integration/microstationintegr/index.php)

Best regards,

Martin