cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention Moderators and SCN Team!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moderators/SCN Team,

I find some strange behaviour happening in SCN from the last two days. For a post, on the main forum page the replies are shown 0, but once you click on the thread, you get to know that there are replies to the post. There is something wrong in the software.

And even the points also, in the "your rew(a)rd p(o)ints", it shows that I got 6 points for a thread, but when I enter the thread I dont see the green star on my post. But, it got rectified later on.

So, there are some ups and downs with the SCN website.

Vishwa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa,

Me and some of my friends also face this problem.And just 2 minutes ago I had posted similar thread.

Hope This problem will solve soon.

Regards,

Dhaval

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for the confusion and inconvinience. It should be resolved. Just talked with IT, who have fixed a problem with the cash in the forums.

Regards and a Happy New Year 2009, Michael

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Just talked with IT, who have fixed a problem with the cash in the forums.

I suspect that must have been "cache" instead, something memory-related rather than money. Or are the points converted into coins for food immediately after they've been assigned?

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael had to pay lots of cash before we from IT even considered to look at the problem

Regards,

Michael

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Michael had to pay lots of cash...

New hardware?

> Michael

> "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

At least he didn't tell you to go outside in the cold, to warm up the satellite dishes.

That's what I was doing with my IT department (Mr. Daffle Coat and Ms. Wolly Gloves).

It is so cold and snowed under here, and all other problems have come from it, so...

Plan B was to sit it out until spring came...

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A points for coins program does not sound that bad after all. Gotta nice ring to it!!

On a more serious note, there's another strange behaviour that has not been mentioned yet. Every once in a while, when I try to refresh the page, the webpage goes into a blinking mode - the progress bar, the tab-icon, and a message saying Please click here, if the pages doesnot open automatically or something like that.

The only tragedy being, it doesnt open even after what looks like an eternal wait. I then clear the cookies, certificates, internet files, etc.. But still its a no-go.

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Thats True Pk. I totally agree, This issue has been happening for many weeks now. All I can do is close the page and start fresh again.

Vishwa.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishan and Vishwa,

Yes thatu2019s true.

But I think this only happens when you are idle on SCN for some long time and then trying to refresh the page.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has not been happening for many weeks in my case. Just started about a coupla days back when the afore-mentioned issues began.

And no, i dont think its because of the idle time-out. Usually when im idle (for a little over 5 mins) and i refresh the page or click on any thread, it gives me the page cannot be displayed screen. Then I have to click BACK and then refresh the page again. In such a case Im back on-air.

If im idle for a little longer than 20 minutes, and i refresh the page/click a thread, it kicks/logs me out. Usually when i click want to post to expert forums link it logs in me directly, other times I have to log-in with the UID and PWD.

Oh one more issue... old threads(older than 2 pages in a 25 per page setting) gets bumped back into the queue for no apparent reason(no new posts/edits).

pk

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same thing happened to me for a couple of days, two weeks ago...Now it's working fine...But the SCN Team should take a look at that...

Greetings,

Blag.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For me the issue is while "My Lifetime P(o)ints" is over 18K, in my Contribution Page, it shows the Annual P(o)ints is 200 (

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not to worry. The annual points dial goes to zero at the beginning of the year. That should be viewed as a good thing to give newbies the equal chance to establish their yearly profile. For example, it is nice that even folks like Rich Heilman and Edwin Harpino and Craig Cmehil and Thomas Jung and Bhanu Gupta go back to 0 for beginning of the year, although their lifetime points never change.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not a worry dear Marilyn but I just wanted to confirm myself that it will like what you say. Anyway thanks for the updation.

G. Lakshmipathi

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i can agree with Vishwa - i also have seen such strange behaviour.

Sometimes also threads or answers are gone and after a while they are visible again.

Also have seen that all the forum points are gone and after a while they are visible again.

Regards

Stefan

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishwa,

I apologize for this problem. We have been made aware of it my numerous members writing in about it. We informed our development support group about it and hope they can have the problem resolved soon. At this time, we have no estimate as to when this problem will be resolved.

Kind Regards,

David