and

SAP GRC Solution?

Bhargav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

GRC is about Governance,Risk,Compliance.This is concerned with how we manage the firm conforming with our own internal standards - policy,procedure- as well as with that of Externals like regulatory requirements like SOX,Basel .This is about the best practices and the governance.

AIS is the audit of transactions that you have posted in R3 /ECC.The purpose of AIS is to enable the auditors with the info who intend to audit the business of the firmand the related I T system .For example an auditor wants to ascertain if any one has posted a transaction on a holiday or the details of transaction of value more than say $ 20000 thru cash journal.AIS has Reports for pulling such data.Thus AIS helps us with Reports that capture the details of the transactions that have happened.This is detective in nature and helps to detect fraud,an adverse event,etc.

AIS helps the Auditor to express an opinion on the true and fair view of the state of affairs of a firm.

GRC helps establishing this [true and fair state of affairs], is a pro active measure to implement the best practices,to comply with the regulations and the management's policies by implementing and constantly evaluating various factors- like the Risk and the compliance initiative- a firm has embarked upon.This is more directed towards building,regulating the controls such as SOD [ avoiding the conflicting roles],testing and monitoring the controls relevant to the business processes like for example making automatic payment,reporting them,enble the management to perform signoff,meaning expressing a satisfaction over the adequacy of the controls etc.

AIS comes along with R3/ECC.Most of the GRC components like AC,PC 2.5,RM 2.0 do not come along with R3 /ECC.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh Ramaswamy on Jan 12, 2009 4:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks-a-lot for the information.

Bhargav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question is probably better answered in GRC forum. I've moved it there.