Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking Material from Storage Unit for Production Orders

pasquale_landriani
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi all,

first have a good 2009!

i need some info / samples about the (customizing and user way) to issue partial goods from a Storage Unit for Production Orders after staging it in a production bin.

thanks in advance.

pas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good 2009 to u as well !

If you want to have partial goods issuse for your production supply, you can have some settings define in your production storage type. In case of goods issue you can use partial pallet strategy for the production storage type.

In case of handling partial quantities:

- You can define a return stotage type in the main production storage type itself, so that system will putaway remaing partials in the bins under this storage type or

- If you want to place partial stock in same source bin a check box is to be activated in source storage type.

- If you want the partials to be put in destination bin, ignore the previous two checks.

Amit G

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I perceive:

You want to use SU management in production storage type (100 in standard system).

I think you cannot realize it. In my opinion production storage bins are very similar to storage bins in interim storage type, and we know that SU is not allowed in those storage types.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f8461b4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

When you post GI refering to a PrdOrd in WM it is not picking what happens but SAP reduces simply the stock in the (interim) production bin. I think SU concept is against this since a SU works like a "mini" (small) bin within the (normal) bin.

(just my opinion)

Regards,

Csaba