cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Import Manager - price upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while shopping via SRM, we are being using integrated web services, ie. internal catalogs (components in use - SRM 5.0, MDM 5.5.) and in order to update the prices, we want to upload new catalogs via Import Manager. Once we do it, a bug appears - both prices (valid for 2008 and 2009) show up. Does anybody know what might be the root cause and how to solve it?

Thank you for all valuable anwers.

Katarina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Price Information is qualified lookup table. Please check the Option Setting in Import Manager.

Menu Configuration > Options > Default qualified update.

For your case, it should be Replace.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/3a6f133f541bcde10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

thank you very much for this information. I will try to follow the instructions.

Regards

Katarina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

it seems that we are still having problems with the pricing. When we click on the catalog link, an integrated catalog with old prices appears. Once we click on one certain price, we see that it contains 2 different prices (valid for 2008 and 2009). When we choose the new one, the item transfers to shopping cart with zero price. Set up in Data and Import Manager is correct.

What about webdynpro bug? Have you ever heard about it? how can we debug the error?

Thank you very much

Katarina

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you re-imported the price with Replace option? You see only 1 price in Data Manager when replace option works.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

If a product is defined in MDM Data manager we have 2 contract prices based on validity dates, so we see that one price is valid till 31.12.2008 and the second one is valid from 1.1.2009. We can use a special Named search based on the todays date to see only one price, so it is shown correctly and Data Manager is working ok. However when using that same catalog with that same Named search via the Catalog Search Webdynpro defined in SRM (as a Catalog Web Service), we see 2 prices instead of the new one. Therefore we suppose the problem might by in Webdynpro. Any advice?

Thank you

Katarina

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let us know your namedsearch detail.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa, may I send you screenshots via email so you can see the details? Or how can I attach the word document? Thank you.

Katarina

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks same issue.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this seems to be the same issue. I have already raised a question to SAP. I suppose they will recommend to upgrade SRM-MDM to the latest service pack (which means in MDM to reinstall server and webdynpro). Thank you anyway for your advices, I will notify you once I get the reply from SAP, so it will help you in the future.

Katarina

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLUTION PROVIDED BY SAP Consultant:

The described behavior fulfill the standard.

This issue is an enhancement request as the #Filter# option on the

qualified display is not saved as part of the Saved Name search. It is

working the same way in Data Manager, but the default view includes the

filter checked and therefore it seems to worked differently.

The standard SRM-MDM Catalog uses namedsearch just for search but not

for filtering any values (price etc). Please see the documentation of

the catalog:

"To define a Named Search in the SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management

(MDM) Data Manager, you run a search either by selecting search

parameters or by using the free-form search and save the current search

selection as a Named Search."

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM-MDM Catalog haven't got an open source code, we cannot enhance it.

Eventuell we can create an development request if we need this functionality. I asked SAP whether it is possible to change webdynpro. Waiting for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an answer regarding webdynpro - it is possible to change webdynpro but as it is a modification, SAP will not support it. Best solution for the issue: raise a development request to SAP. However, we are still investigating and searching for some other solution.