Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan and Actual at WBS Elements without activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am in need of a small help from you. My scenario is like this:

I have equipments/material as WBS Elements( Level1,2...). I have no activities/materials.

I planned the costs using CJ40 and Budgeted using CJ30 and confirmed all the WBS Elements by entering actual dates for the same.

Now i want to see planned/actuals costs in report. When i checked in one standard report it is showing 0 for both planned and actuals.

I also want to have a brief step-by step procedure for Project with only WBS Elements, i.e., from Initiation to Settlement.

Can anyone please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suresh.D.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for getting planned values you need to set a user status to activate business process write plan items - as you are not using networks this is OK to do

for actuals you need to post a goods receipt or time via CATS, or a financial journal, interanl allocation - once you have posted any of these you will be able to see the actual ost.

then you can settle - you need to configure the respective settlement profile etc and enter rules as required for your business and run CJ88 for the project to settle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to your reply , I want to clarify that Iam doing cost planning using CJ40 and the same I cannot see it in PPB. For actuals there is no activity/material then how goods receipt etc...

Kindly provide me further details.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you could run report S_ALR_87013532 to see the plans if you do not want line items for planning

secondly you need to post something against a WBS - other wise you will not see any actuals - you must be having some costs against the WBS - this needs to be recorded first before you can see it on reports

in PPB you need to select the cost plan field to get the plan values

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following is in answer to

"I also want to have a brief step-by step procedure for Project with only WBS Elements, i.e., from Initiation to Settlement."

Most probable scenario would consist of following steps

Create PDef - Create WBS (either copying from template or manually) - Plan costs - Roll up planned costs - Budget (at top level) - Budget distribute - budget Release - WBS release - Post actual costs - run cost / revenue variance report - settle costs against the WBS - TECO project - Close Project.

I believe I haven't missed on any important aspect.

Would appreciate inputs from others in this effort.

Hope this information was useful.

Regards,

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Mere confirmation of WBS does not post actual costs.

- Try posting Actual costs to the WBS (as Virendra explained)

- You need to take help of a FICO guy to help you in posting costs etc.

- You will need take frequent looks at the report "S_ALR_87013532 - Plan/Actual/Variance"

- You plan - run the report - post actuals - run report

In this way you will get comfortable with the functionalities.

Hope I was helpful,

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cconfirming all the WBS Elements by entering actual dates will not post any actual cost.

You have to do GRN and account assignment should be WBS to get actual cost.

Please check reports in CJE0 for plan/actual/budget.

Regards,

Amit