cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom actions - can we send email with VC button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wonder if there is a way to create custom actions for button in VC so that we can use to send an email with predefined content and some fields from a table? Will appreciate any idea reply real quick.

Thanks very much,

Tien.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently you cannot trigger a background mail sending from VC. However, you can use the "hyperlink" system action on the button, and create a mailto: link.

This way the default mail editor will open up when clicking this button.

You can use dynamic expressions to build dynamic Recipient/Subject/Body to this mail message that will automatically be created for the user when clicking this button, and then the user can edit the mail message and send it.

Some more info about mailto - http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html

Rodrigo-Giner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u call the RFC function SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1 ?

passing the corresponding parameters

Lisi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

I don't know this specific RFC, but you can execute any RFC in Visual Composer.

If you have any problems executing this RFC please reply with the instructions how to run it (input parameters) and I'll check it for you.

Regards,

Lisi

Rodrigo-Giner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi elizabeth, I wroks with a r/3 backend system

My taks is that after clicking in a ACTION button. I have to save some data in the transparent tables and to send a email abaout this operation. I Know that there r several R/3 function to send a mail.

that is why I was wondering if I could create my own RFC function and inside make a CALL FUNCTION to this kind of function that there are RFC also.

in the case that I can do that, I can also make a CALL FUNCTION that isnt RFC, inside a RFC function ?

Lisi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

I don't understand why you need the wrapper RFC, you can directly execute the RFC that sends the mail. but if you need to create your own RFC you can also do that.

VC should support the execution of any RFC, providing that it doesn't contain nested tables.

Regards,

Lisi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think this facility is available with VC,VC mailny used for quick presntations ,i.e to pull data from R/3 and diplay in the front end..

Regards,

RK