cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACK RFC ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am doing the configuration part in solution manager 4.0 (now known as 7.0 as well) with SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA on level 13.

Everything was going fine but while doing EWA in transaction SMSY>environment>solution manager operation -->administration Sdccn ..when i am trying to assign the satellite system as a Master system i am getting the below error :

"Back destination from system ECD to master system SOM cannot be found"

and when i am trying to generate the RFC with assistant i am not able to make the Back RFC ...i 've created the Back RFC manually ...but stil i am facing the same above error.

and satellite system is ECC 6.0

Kindly guide.

regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In Solution manager Tx SMSY when I go to SDCCN Administration is show green in field='SDCCN Status' for ECD satellite system but for Solution manager (SOM) it showing yellow for SDCCN status.

for SOM (solution manager ) you need to assign destination NONE and not BACK RFC Destination.

in transaction SMSY. go to system then to solution manager system (SOM) . select the client where you want to configure EWA. then click on the edit rfc destination button you can find this above the client list. then select Destination NONE or type NONE as the destination and select the radio buttton at the bottom of the window (this radio button talks about sdccn).

save it.

now go to sdccn transaction and check ........you can find everything green for SOM

you can find all info in sap tutorial ( a really useful tool)

check out in service.sap.com/rkt-solman

navigate to solution manager 7.0

then to technology consultants/ system administrators

guess you can find this info in basic configuration tutorial

regarding your queries it is not that easy to explain everything here . hope if you could able to go through all the avilable tutorial then you could able to come up with the solution.

if you have any specfic query regarding configuration then can assist you

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

sorry for multiple thread.

problem with sdn

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI vijayakumar,

Thanks for your reply.

I have manually created the BACK RFC in satellite system pointing to solution manager.

In Solution manager Tx SMSY when I go to SDCCN Administration is show green in field='SDCCN Status' for ECD satellite system but for Solution manager (SOM) it showing yellow for SDCCN status.

I have certain Query

1 Do I need to activate SDCCN in SOM system too.

2 What is the work of the below tasks in SDCCN.

A. Request Session data

B. Send Session data

3 What task are run by satellite system from SDCCN

4 And What task are run by Solution manager.

Regards

Rohit Goswami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for multiple reply, prb with the site

Regards

Rohit Goswami

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

for SOM (solution manager ) you need to assign destination NONE and not BACK RFC Destination.

in transaction SMSY. go to system then to solution manager system (SOM) . select the client where you want to configure EWA. then click on the edit rfc destination button you can find this above the client list. then select Destination NONE or type NONE as the destination and select the radio buttton at the bottom of the window (this radio button talks about sdccn).

save it.

now go to sdccn transaction and check ........you can find everything green for SOM

you can all info in sap tutorial ( a really useful tool)

then to technology consultants.

regarding your queries it is not that easy to explain everything here . hope if you could able to go through all the avilable tutorial then you could able to come up with the solution.

if you have any specfic query regarging configuration then can assist you

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

save it.

you can all info in sap tutorial ( a really useful tool)

then to technology consultants.

if you have any specfic query regarging configuration then can assist you

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit Goswami

Master system will be your Solman system.

You can manually create a Back RFC in the satellite system and go to Service Data control center (SDCCN) I assume SDCCN is active in your satellite system, choose the menu path Goto--> Settings --> Task specific .

Select the RFC Destinations icon, in the new pop-up open in edit mode and enter your Back RFC there.

You can assign the Back RFC in SMSY

This will solve your issue

Inspire people by rewarding points

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when i am trying to assign the satellite system as a *Master system* i am getting the below error :
"Back destination from system ECD to master system SOM cannot be found"

as far as i know master system is solution manager system and not satellite system

if u had created back rfc destination manually for the satellie system then go to edit rfc connection in transaction smsy and you can able to get this back destination there assigned.

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI vijayakumar,

Thanks for your reply.

I have manually created the BACK RFC in satellite system pointing to solution manager.

I have certain Query

A. Request Session data

B. Send Session data

Regards

Rohit Goswami

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI vijayakumar,

Thanks for your reply.

I have certain Query

A. Request Session data

B. Send Session data

Regards

Rohit Goswami

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI vijayakumar,

Thanks for your reply.

I have certain Query

A. Request Session data

B. Send Session data

Regards

Rohit Goswami