cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing using SAPSPRINT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in order to print from SAP via the SAPSPRINT service we must install Windows Servers.

The question is:

--> How many spools/hour can one SAPSPRINT service cover ?

--> How much CPU / Memory should be assigned to one SAPSPRINT service?

I understand that we should not direct ALL spools via one single SAPSPRINT service (stability)

Thanks a lot for all your help and input related to SAPSPRINT experiences!

Kind regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi marc,

SAPsprint is not so stable. On my experience, we can rely on one or two SAPsprint server.

I do like to use SAPLPD than SAPSprint even though SAPLPD is already obsolete. It's more stable to print a lot of documents

ardhian

http://ardhian.kioslinux.com

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ardhian,

thanks for the response. I understood that SAP states that the SAPSprint should be more stable (multi - threaded vs. single - threaded which is the SAPlpd)

Did you mean that we should be fine when using 2 SAPSprint servers ?

The other question is: How many CPU / Memory should be assigned to a SAPSprint Service (and how many spools can it handle per minute) ?

Thanks a lot for all help and shared experience on that!

Cheers,

Marc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contrary to the previous user I've found SAPSprint very stable. I have about 70% of my printing going through a single print server (about 1000 spool requests a day, almmostly during business hours). It's a VM server and peaks at 1600 MHz CPU, 800 MB RAM, and 1500 KBps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks a lot for your helpful post.

As for the performance: Is it acceptable running SAPSprint or is it much slower than sending the spools directly to the printer?

We are uploading a TrueType font to SAP (Avant Garde) which will be defined on the SAPSprint server. It means that every time the SAPSprint server will send the font into the printer's memory.

It scares me a bit regarding the performance...

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Michael:

When you say 1500KBps do you mean Kilobyte or Kilobit per second?

Thanks a lot for clarification!

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

KiloByte

But that's peak usage, the average is more like 220.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK that's quite some load.

Thanks a lot for clarification!

Cheers,

Marc