cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : JCo 's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am new to netweaver .I want to know what exactly is a jco and how does it work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And also please close your thread by giving appropriate reward.In future This might help others to make sure which answer were helpful enough.Also rewards are surly will go for the good reason.

Thanks for understanding the SCN.

Cheers,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) is a middleware component that enables you to develop SAP-enabled components and applications in Java. SAP JCo supports communication with the SAP Server in both directions: inbound calls (Java calls ABAP) and outbound calls (ABAP calls Java).

Check this :

http://www.erpgenie.com/faq/jco.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/6f/1bd5c6a85b11d6b28500508b5d5211/content.htm

regards

Ganga

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you type SAP JCO in google ?

do you need anything more?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com XI/PI FAQ

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've started to observe other forums in SCN with are popular like XI.

For example, in ABAP forums, questions like this one are not accepted at all.

They're immediatelly locked (users report abuse for such questions) and if the user insists, they get kicked out (user deleted).

Maybe we should start to do this shock treatment in XI forums.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree.

People should be encouraged to put in a reasonable amount of effort to search for themselves instead of being spoon fed, and be disciplined not to spoon feed as this cloggs up the forums with link-farms and replicated help.sap.com documentation.

It took quite a bit of effort in the ABAP forums to get them cleaner and keep them like that, but it does pay off and the quality of the contributions improves - which attracts more knowledgable members.

My 2 cents,

Julius

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

a huge part of the quality of the ABAP forums is due to your personal effort.

You're the role model that every moderator should follow.

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Henrique/ Julius

I have reported this with Michal and Bhavesh earlier as well. This is a wrong practice going on in this forum. I found interview question. Difference or features of PI 7.1 and in response we get tons of links. Its very easy to get of information doing google search/ SDN search.

I think strong action is required for not following Rules of engagement.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

No no.. I'm just noisy and nosy, that's all

What helps a lot is when regular contributors and also freshers who see the light and sense in keeping the forums tidy express those wishes, as well as using the Abuse Reports button to alert moderators faster of what is not appropriate in the forums.

That's what happened in the ABAP Forums, and they got what they asked for.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> a huge part of the quality of the ABAP forums is due to your personal effort.

I strongly agree with you. I recon he is the most active moderator these days(And funny as well ).

Cheers,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I extremely regretfull for the fact that i have posted that question.I had posted that question only in the view that i would get a better perspective which would have been better than what i got in google.Sorry for psoting like that.From next time will not post any such basic questions and post only specific to a particular topic.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

the mere fact that you gave such a feedback shows that your intentions were not faulty at all.

Make sure to use the SDN search in the future, it's better than google for SDN itself.

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Henrique as well!

I noticed your response a few days ago already, but was waiting to see whether others would chip in and agree with you. I certainly do.

My advise would be to do a reasonable search first, and then ask questions later when it is not clear.

Using a meaningfull subject title and clear terms (which are therefore searchable...) also helps a lot to keep the forums clean of repetition of over repeated stuff. Typically, this leads to link-farms, which can easily be replicated by folks who actually don't know what they are talking about and won't be able to help you when you have a real problem or a really interesting question.

This is also the approach I try to take when I ask questions and provide answers.

Thank you for your response!

Cheers,

Julius

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The SAP Java Connector (JCO) is a middleware component that enables Java to access R/3 based systems and vice versa.look this for more detail

http://www.apentia-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=1962&sid=9ac1506bdb153c14edaf891300bfde25