Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Over Outbound Delivery/ System based release strategy for Outbound

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on one scenario to control the outbound delivery

AS IS : Sales Employee A accepted Order on 6th ,Decu201908 for customer B and order quantity 2 Product ABC to deliver on 15th u2019Decu201908 .

in between Sales Employee B accepted Order on 10th ,Decu201908 for customer C and order quantity 2 Product ABC to deliver on 12th u2019Decu201908.

In this circumstance the Sales Employee B delivering the products to Customer C on 12th u2019Decu201908 ,which the products kept for Customer B. and Sales employee A not able to deliver the goods to Customer B on promised date.

TO BE : How do I control the Sales Employee B should not pick the goods which are reserved by Employee A for customer B.

I would request you to give me the possibilities to control the OBD

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Padma

Edited by: Padma Priya on Jan 6, 2009 7:50 AM

Edited by: Padma Priya on Jan 6, 2009 7:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Padma

Go to material master and check what availability check you have maintained. Then go to OVZ9, select that availability check with the combination of "A" and execute. There tick the box Include sales reqmts so that stock will be reserved whoever creates the order first.

In your case, if Sales Employee A creates the sale order first and stock is available, then stock will be reserved for that order only and it cannot be diverted to subsequent orders, unless the first created sale order is deleted.

In this, there is also one constraint. Even if order is not confirmed by customer, some sales people will create a dummy sale order and reserve the stock for them. So in that way, some control should be there in such a way that orders can be created by any sales persons but the deletion option can be given to some higher officials. This basis can very well do.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijeet,

i am strongly agree with you.Still i am working on some thing other related to OBD .i will come back to once again.

Thanks a lot for your time.

i have rewarded

Regards,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the standard availability check works, i think when the first sales order is created, the stock gets booked and is not available to any other sales order. So the stocks are booked for 15th delivery.

Now when the other sales order is created, even though the customer wants the stocks earlier than the previous order, system will not confirm the order and will give a later date. BUT even in this scenario, if you have maintianed a RLT of anything between 0 - 5 days, the system will confirm the 2nd order also for 12th delivery since it knows you still have time to procure/manufacture another 2 units for the first order which is scheduled on 15th.

The system does this itself provided you have maintained RLT in material master MRP3 view and also in your checking group config, 'Check without RLT' is not marked.

Not sure if this is what you were expecting.