cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting block to invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please tell me what happens if i block the invoice for posting to accounting?

what are the consequences?

from when the payment terms will be calculated is it from the date of invoice or the day when i release to accounting

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u have set the posting block in ur billing type setting , then billing document is get blocked it means the document is not get transfered to accounting. no GL posting has happened. In result it will not reflect in FBL5N ( open line item display).

if U want to release it accounting, you can do this by either releasing manualy in VF02 or in VFX3 (for multiple document at same time)

The payment terms will be calculated from the date of invoice (billing date) as per ur setting in terms of payments in SPRO.

Regards

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you mark the check box for Posting block in IMG screen of billing type, system neither creates any accounting document nor there is any posting in FI. This practice is mostly followed in case of Pro forma invoice.

In that case if you want to release the document to accounting, go to VF02 and in the menu Billing Document click on Release to Accounting. This will create accounting document in FI along with necessary GL postings.

So the payment terms will be calculated based on this posting date (date on which accounting doc. is created) and not on the billing date, if posting block check box is activated. And if posting date is selected in OBB8 as default for baseline date. That setting is done in OBB8.

Regards,

Sagar

Edited by: Sagar Wagh on Jan 6, 2009 10:00 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rithvika

The impact on posting block is that from SD side, you can say that in December 2008, so much of sales is made to that customer but if those billing documents have posting block, from FI side, you have not made any sales. I think now you feel how much the difference would be on the sales due to posting block.

With regard to calculation the due date, the control is in OBB8 where there is a tab "Default for baseline date". Based on this, the due date will be calculated.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

plaease refer to the followink link

http://www.sap-hefte.de/download/dateien/1067/083leseprobe.pdf_

thanks

bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when the payment terms will be calculated is it from the date of invoice or the day when i release to accounting

you can maintain Calculation of payment term in OBB8 (whether you want to calcualte from document date or posting date).

Regards,

Abhee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Until and unless you release the document to accounting the document net value will be in open billing value once if you releasse open billing value will reduce and % of open line items will increase.

Regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you activate posting block on billing document type then that would not create an accounting document which in turn will not show the same billing document as an open item in FBL5n. But, the payment terms would act as per billing date and I don't think block relased date would be consderred.

Hrishi