cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consignment scheduline line availability check field

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus.

when ever we save the rush ordr or cash sale immediately delivery doc is created.then we will goto vl02n and then we will do picking and pgi. what is the use of this ? I mean anyway we need to do the pgi and picking then why the system generates delivery doc immediately on saving sales order?

In the consignment process ie issue ,in scheduline line category C1 we have checked req/assembly and availability . why we need to check at this time anyway the goods will be in shop ,from here they can give it to the customers.only when the mateirals are available in the shop then only they can give it to the customers , then why we need to activate these fields ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD beginner,

In cash sales order delivery was created after saving the sales order because the config setting (immadiate delivery X) we are maintained in the CS document type functionality(in VOV8 tcocde) the reason for immediate delivery creation is business is just like that in cash sale customer is immadiately receive the goods thats why delivery will be immedately created and in this process there is no credit management also(this is the standard behavour any how if you dont want that remove the field and do there is no problem).

2. in consignment availability is carried because of the client requirement it is optional as per ur doubt the stock will be in our inventory only but it was at customer level so the avaliablity check will be carried.

Regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for the quick responses , anyway we need to do pgi , then only we will delivery the goods to the customer. so we can directly do the delivery creation in vl01n along with pgi. My concern is that why a delivery is automatically created at the time of sales order, what is the use of this? untill and unless we go to vlo2n and do pgi there will be no use in ro and cs.

please explain me in the above lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have noticed in Cash sales/Rush orders, the deliveries are assigned with RD04 output type.. This means once your customer gets his material {just like in retail shops} he can get the invoice immediately and the customer doesn't need to wait for Picking/PGI and then Billing {as in standard scenario} to happen on the counter... Hope this will give you a better visualization of the situation.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In cash/rush order customer comes to us and take the delivery of the document.

We require to create delivery document when we are giving delivery to the customer.

But if customer is taking delivery himself only then we donu2019t need to create the delivery document.

So we do customizing to reduce one step of making delivery document.

PGI and packing is other process which has to be done after creating the delivery document.

So we go to VL02N to do picking packing and do the PGI.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you raj and hrish.

as you said we are avoiding one step. But we are still going inside vl02n and doing the rest of the steps .i dont think we are saving any steps here. As per my opinion after doing pgi and picking only we will give the goods to the customer in cs and ro. please correct me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating delivery document and doing PGI is two different process (picking is optional).

If customer collects from our plant then we donu2019t need to create delivery document for that particular sales order.

So for that purpose automatic delivery document creation is activated.

Delivery document needs to be generated when sales order is due for delivery.

But as customer is collected goods then we donu2019t need to create delivery document for that.

PGI is done to reduce the stock from our storage.

We can do PGI at the end of the day for all the delivery document created in that particular day.

PGI is not related with the customer it just updates our stock that how much material is there in our store.

So PGI can be done after words only when you deliver the goods to the customer.

So these are two different thing and these thing should be done to separately.

Regards

Raj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In consignee process, as far as my knowledge goes there is no significance of TOR and AVC for Consignee Issue. let me give an example

Consignee Fillup - Qty - 100

Now in consignee issue if u use C0(without AVC), and give the qty as 150, save and create a delivery, you can see that the delivery quantity is going to be only 100, as the stock that is maintained in Customer Consignee Stock is only 100.

Create the Consignee Issue with C1(With AVC),and give the qty as 150, system will pop-up the availability check screen, where we can see that only qty 100 is determined and not 150, again since the stock available is only 100 in Customer spl stock.

So the movement types that are maintained has more significance in consignee process.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The basic concept of cash sale & rush orders is itself that the customer picks up the goods across the counter. But in cash sale, customer also pays the cost of the goods across the table. This is the reason why for those scenarios, delivery, pick, pack & PGI is done immediately. Shipping conditions is Immediately. Also only make to stock goods are sold in cash sale / rush orders. They will have a separate storage loc.

In schedule line catg, Avaliability check field is selected so as to carry availability check before creating a delivery. Transfer of requirements field will intimate the MRP person if there if any shortage in stock requirements. In a consignment issue,availability check is done against the consignment stock, not against the plant stock. So TOR is required incase of stock shortages.

Regards,

Sivanand