cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range Issue in Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am configuring Service Desk on Solman 7.0.

Configuration is complete but i am facing one strange issue in number range,While creating messages I am finding some numbers missing like after 14,15 number is missing.

Even I also saw first I checked in snro current number 40 then i created message that got created by number 41 and then i just checked in snro current number was 50.

Please suggest what could be the reason that message numbers are not created simentanously.

Shivam Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivam,

my reply could partly answer your question

this no range is also used by services like maintenance optimizer ,..etc.

for eg:

if you create change request in mopz to download a service pack from sap then you can find this request in service desk (in transaction crm_dno_monitor) is assigned with internal number range what you had configured for service desk.

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shivam,

Are you the only one using the service desk crm_order transaction.

Actually if they are other users or urself entering the transaction and coming out without saving it

the no is consumed as it is a transaction.

What you can do is go to spro->solution manager->scenario specific settings->assign action profile to business transaciton type

Choose SLFN if using std...and here remove the early no assignment tick

So now whenver you post a message or press save the button then only....you have a no generated and you can see the messages in crm_dno_monitor.

Because for the earlier one which are not saved no is consumed and they are also not visible.

Hope i clarifiy ur doubt and provided the solution

Pls assign pts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for the reply.

I did the same as you suggested but still finding number difference between messages.

On alalysis i found that internel number range numbers are inteferingumber in externel number range numbers.

Means Suppost first I create a message by satellite system that use externel numbner range with number 12 then i create 2 messages by notif_create that uses internel number range 51,52 now i again create a extenel number range message then inspite of taking 13 it is taking 15 means if i created 2 internel number messages it created two number difference in extenel number messages.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shivam,

You need to have two no ranges internal - for mesg created within Solution manager

external - for mesg coming from satellite system.

Remember whenever a ticket is posted you have 2 parts -

one for CRM and other for BASIS

And

Both CRM & BASIS should have internal and external

Ideally Crm internal = Basis External

and crm external = basis internal.

SNRO is used for setting both type of no ranges i.e. CRM and BASIS

Pls assign pts.

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Jan 6, 2009 7:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,