SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading ledger on PSM-FM ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

How are your experiences regarding my current condition:

Our client is re-implementing ECC 6.0, and go live on 2 January. Implementation of PSM-Funds Management are planned on middle of 2009.

Leading ledger 0L is standard ledger used for ecc and parameter for new dimention (SEM, BI etc), and later when we activated "Global Functions Funds Management

(PSM FM)", leading ledger 0L will be dissapeared. SAP notes 906397 propose solution for moved the data from FAGLFLEXT to FMGLFLEXT.

It seems terrible for us. First, 0L/FAGLFLEXT already uses as for all component both ecc and reporting based on New Dimentions. I worried it ruin all. Second, our client do not need fund, grant. Both balance sheet and p/l based fund or grant scenario is useless.

I plan use still FAGLFLEXT, and thinking how's the idea to keep the 0L if possible.

Please share your experience, and i appreciate any comment and suggestion.

Lidwina A. Dewi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lidwina,

If you activate in transaction code SWF5 EA-PS functionality (PSM-FM) this does not mean that you need to activate

Fund Accounting scenario ((PSM_FAC) and Grants Management (PSM_GM).

You can activate PSM-FM (or component EA-PS) and still use FAGLFLEXT.

If Fund, Grant and Functional Area entities are not relevant for your financial statement accounting, and if your financial statement is made according to the rules of private companies, you can use the table

FAGLFLEXT to define your ledger(s) in the general ledger.

Please kindly check carefully note 1060657. There you will find many important hints regarding it.

I hope it helps you

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lidwina,

If you activate in transaction code SWF5 EA-PS functionality (PSM-FM) this does not mean that you need to activate

Fund Accounting scenario ((PSM_FAC) and Grants Management (PSM_GM).

You can activate PSM-FM (or component EA-PS) and still use FAGLFLEXT.

If Fund, Grant and Functional Area entities are not relevant for your financial statement accounting, and if your financial statement is made according to the rules of private companies, you can use the table

FAGLFLEXT to define your ledger(s) in the general ledger.

Please kindly check carefully note 1060657. There you will find many important hints regarding it.

I hope it helps you

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa, thanks a lot for your sharing.

The important questions is :

1. activated global PSM-FM always delete leading ledger 0L. Once activated, transaction could not be executed with message 'Define leading ledger'. Transaction stop. Right?

2. and then, new leading ledger should be created based on table FAGLFLEXT, say ZL. Insert scenario on that leading ledger same as previous configuration (before deletetion). Because we have initial data, continued with run the correction ways to move all data to new leading ledger (notes 906397). But looks like the note is referred for fmglflext destination. is this note relevant also for faglflext choice (as note 1060657).

Absolutely, we worried with this scenario. System delete the standard leading ledger, and data should be moved to new leading ledger. Our client might be not satisfied with this way. Once, need time to freeze the system, and second, to make sure the data complete.

Any idea or another suggestion?

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Let me to make it clear.

After thinking a lot and carefully read notes 1060657, i may conclude:

Fund, grant are irrelevant for our client (private companies) and i no need to make VV_FMISPS_1 active (global functions of funds management to activate/deactivate spesific functions for psm-fm).

This is suitable with your statement 'once you activated EA-PS through sfw5, does not mean you have to activate fund accounting and grant accounting (fund/grant)'. It means i do not need activate VV_FMISPS. Then it will saved original data on FAGLFLEXT.

is it right, Vanessa?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

ehmm, activate Global Funds Management Functions as basic setting for psm-fm. I tried not to activate, then change budget structure -former budgeting- can not be executed. It is not just for activate additional functions as fund accounting or grant.

formerly on implementation, i just activated without thinking a lot. Untill i have to make psm-fm live on the middle of production operation, i play many confuse about this VV_FMISPS_1 view.

i agree wheter psm-fm live at the beggining, started together with others is much easier.

hello, sap guru in the world ... how's your experience making psm-fm live during production operation?

-dewi-

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am so happy. Finally, after i searching the sap notes a whole day. I found note 840783.

If funds management active, and you are not public sector company (remember i choose to use faglflext). SAP propose 2 solutions. I implement the second options, execute program FMGL_CHANGE_APPL_IN_LEDGER.

After i generated the program, oalaaa, leading ledger 0L appears again on customizing. I just recreate the scenario and reporting newGL back again. No migration.

Thanks to God

Regards,

-Dewi-

0 Kudos

Hello Lidwina,

I am sorry for the delay, I was in vacation

I am glad that you have resolved the issue and I am sorry because I guessed that you have done already all the processes related to migration, including note 840783. Otherwise, I would mention to you. This note is part of the migration process that usually is executed before the tests.

Well, congratulations to you !!! I saw all your questions to me, but I am not sure if you still need the answers since your issue is resolved already. Kindly let me know and I will try to help you

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a similar problem on what you have experienced in your Implementation. And we understand the importance of running the Program, which we did. And now we see Leading Ledger 0L. My question is: Did you use Totals Table FAGLFLEXT or FMGLFLEXT. Our Implementation Organization is a Private Company and not a Public Sector Company.

Please share what are the advantages and disadvanges over the other Totals Tables.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this note can help you:

1400563 When should a PSM customer use FAGLFLEXT or FMGLFLEXT

Regards

Mar