cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule line categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

In definition of schedule line categories, in transaction flow tab there are 3 checks,

1) Req/Assembly

2) Availability check

3) Product Allocation

I need complete knowledge of these 3 checks, our business process are stocked items, make to order items and service jobs. can some one please throw light whether we need to maintain all these checks for all business processes. correct me if am wrong, i think we can deactivate Req/Assembly check for make to order items. Am in right path, please advise me gurus and any information of sample business processes with examples would be highly appreciated. thanks to all in advance gurus.\

Thanks

Kind regards,

Naga.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Basing on the schedule line catg settings that we make in VOV6, if we select the "Avaliability" field, tehn the system will carry availability check for that particular line item.

If "Requirement" is selected, then the system will carry Transfer of Requirements if there is no sufficient stock is not available. Transfer of Requirements is nothing but intimating the MRP person about the stock requirements.

Product allocation is selected when Avalability check is done against product allocation. Usually in some cases, the company allocates a specific num of quantity to the customer for eg 1000 quantity of material X to customer 1234. You will select that Product allocation field if you want the avaliabiluty check is to be carried against product allocation.

All these settings will be in place when the schedule line catg determination is correctly done for that item catg / MRP (MM) combination in VOV5.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1)ASSEMBLY IS REQUIRED FOR TRANSFER OF REQUIREMENTS.

IN UR CASE YOU HAVE MAINTAIN COZ OF MAKE TO ORDER SITUATION.

2)AVAILABILITY CHECK IS ALSO REQUIRED

3)IF YOU HAVE MAINTAINED PRODUCT HIRERACHY IT IS MUST

REGARDS,

REDDYY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Reqirement/ Assembly :

The selection of this indicator is the precondition for transfer of requirements.When ever you need to send the requirement quantity to manufacture we need to check this.

This is used for make to order scenanio.

2. Availability :

You set an indicator for maintaining the requirements type. In this case you can decide whether or not you require an availability check for the relevant transaction.

This is used for stocked items only.

3. Product allocation:

This is used only when the products have been already allocated for future peeiod against available quantity we use this product allocation.

This is also used for stocked items only.

Jagan