cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo and HR Minimaster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For our application integration with SAP I created an application client to the SAP test system using JCo . Using "RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH" I got a list of BAPI's and I used the BAPI "BAPI_CC1_DNLOAD_MINIMASTER" to get the HRMinimaster data. But I didn't get anything on the return and Import tables. My question is am I doing it correct, is there any input parameters needed to make this call? Do I have to create a IDoc Server to receive the downloaded data? If then, how do I trigger a runtime download of HR minimaster using JCo client( I mean which BAPI I need to use).

One general question is , Is it possible to trigger IDoc downloads from a JCo client using BAPI's like above (instead of using a transaction like PT80 from SAP) and receive the results as IDoc data using the ALE config and a JCo server??

Thanks,

DT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Don,

My levlel of Understanding is You want to access the R3 database(HR minimaster data) using jco with java is a languague if so

check this

http://www.erpgenie.com/component/content/article/546

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/snippets/access%252br3%252bsystem%252band%252bexe...

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_6.1.1/refe...

let me know u need any further info

bvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bvr,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Let me explain further about wht we are trying to achive. I have a complete setup of ALE config in our test environment and we can configure our system to receive IDocs from SAP and send data back to SAP. Now we are in a process of offering our clients different integrating methods as connector packs . One method is XI and we already have the cionfiguration working on that side. The other one we are trying is a JCo based connector. Whatever examples I have seen so far uses JCo as a client or as a server, but not as both. I use the example of HR minimaster because I know its an Outbound transaction, but what I want to do is to create a JCO client which can trigger that download operation in SAP and receive the data as an IDOC through my JCO server(which is registered to my ALE config in SAP) . I know it will be easy to make an equivalent BAPI call in the JCO client and parse the return resultant data(I tried this for HR minimaster and didnt get any data returned , may be something wrong in the way I call the BAPI) , but that somewhat makes the system synchronous in nature. We want to built a connector which will be using most of the HR module downloads(like costcenter data, operations, projects, minimaster etc), so what I really need is a way to trigger my Outbound IDOC transfer in SAP from a JCO client and receive those IDOCs in a JCo server. (the scenario is as follows considering HR minimaster download as an example,

JCO client calls SAP RFM(this is the portion I want to know in detail)->call triggers similar operation in SAP like a transaction PT80 is executed-> the outbound IDoc is channeld to my ALE config-> My listening JCO server receives the IDoc and start processing it)

I hope its clear now. The question is is it possible to do something similar to this?? if so, what will be the customization involved ??

Edited by: Don Temmen on Jan 6, 2009 3:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No one ever tried this!!! Is there anybody worked with tRFC calls using JCo. I couldnt find a good example about that. Is that will help my scenario here? If anybody think it does, please respond..

Thanks,

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did anybody know how to handle the above issue please....

Also, where can I find more details(examples will be great!!) about handling tRFC calls using JCo

Thanks,

Don

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Don

just check this links

this contains code for u

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fcadaf90-0201-0010-4091-bd0bcd7b...

to check the connection with r3

/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2004/08/26/setup-and-test-sap-java-connector-outbound-connection

this is for idoc with jco

bit more

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/3f93404f673028e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

let me know am i approched or not

bvr

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still stuck on my issue. Although my download and upload using IDocs for HR is working, I really want to know, Is this process can be done in a real-time fashion. All I want to do is, to use a JCo client to trigger HRMinimaster download from SAP and receive the minimaster IDoc (HRCC!DNPERSO) using a JCO server.

Is this secenario possible.?? Is it possible to make a BAPI request using a JCO client(Which BAPI to use for mimimaster , I tried the BAPI_CC1_DNLOAD_MINIMASTER and it didnt work) and that will trigger my IDoc download for the incoming BAPI request, which uses my ALE config and send the corresponding IDoc to my JCO server.

If anybody have an idea how to get this done please comment. DO i need to do any customization on the ABAP side for this scenario?

Thanks,

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bvr,

Thereis nothing specific in those replies and links that help me in my problem. The code in that thread is just a simple RFC all thread from JCo. its not tRFC(Transactional). What I wanted to know is how I can use JCo in both client and server mode at the same time and trigger an HR IDoc download from SAP. Please read my last reply. I explained it there. Thanks for your replies, I appreciate that.

Thanks,

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunaina,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it wont help me. I'm not looking for how to configure SAP or using JCo to do a regular IDoc download( I already know both sides setup to do that). I wanted to know wether its possible to use JCo client program to trigger and IDoc download from SAP(say HR IDocs) and receive the generated IDoc in a JCo Server. My wild guess is using tRFC(transactional RFC ) this might be possible. But ther are no samples I can find out for tRFC using JCo.

The Scenario is My JCo client will make an RFC call, which will trigger the IDoc process in SAP and the generated IDoc will eb send to my ALE which have My JCo Server registered.

Thanks,

Don