cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching a document

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i have searched few threads before i am posting this question, the questions still remains is how do i attach a doc to the sales order, i got the answer like going to SU01 and activate parameter, my question is there any other way? , anyway it can be configured ? , as i understand SAP took out ' service for object' for because there were performance issues, can someone explain what issue could arise from this & is there another way to do this ?

regards

Edited by: dilip krishnan on Jan 5, 2009 10:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no other way in standard SAP. What do you mean "SAP took out"? "Evil SAP" logged on to your system and disabled object services everywhere? Somehow I find it hard to believe...

If there were any performance issues, I'd suggest to get them resolved properly and then enable object services, as they should be. Turning off stuff is not a permanent solution for the performance issues. Just tell your Basis admin politely that you need those object services.

Naturally, you may also try your own custom develpment, but it won't be embedded in the standard transactions, as GOS is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.,

for some reason i dont see that option in my ecc6 system, while trying to create an order, and i was reading some post in here, one of the post it was mention that ecc6 dont have that option.

could you please point it out to me, exactly where to look , so i can try to find it again.

dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dilip,

Sorry, But could you Please state your issue with "Service of Objects"?

Please refer to OSS note 598073 for further details.

Services for Object (Generic Object Services - GOS) was taken off in 4.7 due to performance reasons; But its working fine with ECC 6.0

The same is being used in my last implementation.

It works only in display or change mode (i.e. VA02, VA03). First you need to create your sales order, save it and then you can attach the desired documents.

An alternative would be to implement Document Management System (DMS), you can add documents in creation mode.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Meanwhile, you may refer to complete thread:

[Service of Objects|]

For Information Sake: [Generic Object Services in SAP|www.verbellacmg.com/asug_2006_walls_404.ppt]

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I don't know the details, because GOS has been working in our system without any involvement on my side. But I can assure you that this option is very much available in ECC 6.0 (note 598073 does state that GOS was deactivated in VA01...03 in 4.7). You might want to discuss this with your Basis admin. Also there are some "business objects" that are supposed to be assigned to the corresponding order types - run a search for that.

Read SAP Help first:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/be/3fe63659241157e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm