cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long text problem while uploading Inspection plan through BDC.

fahim_am
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing some problem while uploading the inspection plan. There are few MICs for which we are having long text, while uploading the inspection plan through BDC - some other long text is getting copied into the MIC's long text. After checking I came to know that in function module, read_text - some text which is stored in ABAP memory is getting copied into the inspection plan.

I am working in SAP release 4.7. I have checked with SAP notes: 97419, but it is also not satisfying.

Waiting for quick solution.

Thanks in advance.

Fahié

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahiém,

I faced a similar problem once, where the Long Text was not getting copied at all.I had to do it manually while Master Data was updated through ALE.

You can try this work around if no other solution is found.

1. Ask your ABAP team member to use Function Modue: 'READ_TEXT' to write the Long Text for you in a report.

This fm Is used to fetch the long text. For this u have to pass the name, object and id. For the above function module the long text maintain in the sales in the material master is fetched -

Refer Link :

*--Call to the Function Module For geting the longtext of sales text

CALL FUNCTION 'READ_TEXT'

EXPORTING

id = '0001'

language = 'E'

name = v_name

object = 'MVKE'

TABLES

lines = i_line

EXCEPTIONS

id = 1

language = 2

name = 3

not_found = 4

object = 5

reference_check = 6

wrong_access_to_archive = 7

OTHERS = 8.

IF sy-subrc = 0.

READ TABLE i_line INDEX 1.

MOVE : wa_readtext-matnr TO wa_longtext-matnr,

i_line-tdline TO wa_longtext-tdline.

APPEND wa_longtext TO i_longtext.

CLEAR wa_longtext.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

2. Ask him to get you the Long Text for Both the Masters (MIC and IP).

3. Identify the wrong updation in IP, MIC and delete them.

4. Do a recording to update Long Text via. SHDB and use LSMW to update the Masters.

This is just a work around.You may discuss with ABAPer to further fine tune this approach.

I am not not sure if this is acceptable, please update us on your final approach.

Thanks,

RKM.

fahim_am
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found the reason why the system was behaving like this:

In table STXH, when I enter TDOBJECT=QSS, TDID=QM & execute, system was having TEXT NAME (TDNAME) with blank GROUP for a combination of Operation no & MIC no.

Whenever I am trying to assign the MIC, system is checking the combination of operation & MIC, if for this combination there is a blank group, then it is copying the long text & pasting in the inspection plan.

Solution: We have developed an ABAP program which will delete the line items of table STXH for which there is no GROUP. Basically program is checking all the values as Client, Q (as inspection plan), Group, Operation & MIC no (e.g.: 100Q blank space 00000001 001000000000) for which group is blank & delete the line item.

I hope this will help some body who are/will facing this kind of problem.

Warm Regards,

Fahiem.