cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Consumption- Macro or Category setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

-A category group containing categories AY, EL and BM is assigned to the planning strategy 30 for a material that is planned in SNP. The SNP planning area key figure details have these corresponding categories against the key figures used in the planning book.

-A sales order in created in the originating system ECC for a BOM items whose components are planed in SNP

-The macro of stock balance - esp. the consumption step and the total demand and supply is also used.

-An interchangability scenario is also in use.

-Forecast is release from DP..FA

Now coming to the questions.

- Its expected that the forecast row (FA) is consumed by dependent demand AY (OF original location for original BOM product) in consumption step. This is not happening. What could be the reason. This dependent demand is a planned order.

- I see both sales order row and dependent demand with same category AY. Ideally i should not see the sales order row (qty) as there is no sales order for product that is being planned (component)..correct if my understanding is incorrect.

- right clicking the forecast row shows some other qty (lesser) and not the one displayed on screen.

-The forecast row is getting ADDED (WITH SALES ORDER OR DEPENDENT DEMAND ??)

-Is this a Macro issue or something to do with consumption settings some where else.

-Can someone transate the consumption step of standard consumption macro into plain english. I still dont get what its doing and why it is that way

Regards

Loknath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

Care to share how the issue was resolved?

We have an issue with consumption in our system which isnt the same as yours but it might provide some clues.

We have a situation where APO is showing us consumption in the /SAPAPO/DMP1 view but no consumption showing in the planning books and the RRP3 requirements screen. Interestingly, when we go and change the sales order in R/3, the consumption then gets triggered in APO. So there seems to be some kind of delay and the consumption seems to be lagging a step behind or somehow a trigger isnt hapenning first time around.

any ideas?