cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating storage location description in extended attributes tab

mike_yuen3
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a storage location (sto loc) 4000 that has a description "apple" that the business wants to rename it to "orange". We made the changes in our ECC6.02 system and transported the changes through to our SRM 5.5 system and it shows up fine on the pull down when using tcode PPOMA_BBP. I used the following steps to make this minor change:

1. remove sto loc 4000 from the org structure and save

2. added the sto loc 4000 back into the org structure using tcode PPOMA_BBP, using the pulldown sto loc help which showed the correct description "orange"

3. before saving the change, I checked the description and noticed that it was the old description "apple", but saved anyways.

4. re-entered and checked the description to find the description did not change.

What am I missing here? do I need a new transport to delete the sto loc altogether and then reenter the same sto loc for the new description to take hold?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Note 1094742 - BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH Not update the LAG attr. in

background -

Did you see this note

Note 767058 - Company code/plant/storage location are not transferred

The texts are saved in table BBP_ATTR_VALUE_T. You can use report BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH to update this table with the descriptions from the back-end system.

LAG is an attribute for storage location.

Are you geting correct plant while enterind the stoarge location in extended attribute?

regards

Muthu

mike_yuen3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

Thanks for your notes. I checked our SRM system and note that the highest support version we are on for SRM_SERVER 550 level 0011, SAPKIBKT11; however could not find this note 1094742 with tcode SNOTE. Actually, neither note listed was found in our DV clients.

We had previously added a new storage location before this one without incident. The problem only occurred when we tried to change the text of an existing storage location since all other related master data is correct. Running this report BBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH did not refresh the table even though the backend reflects the correct text.

It is interesting to see that when adding this storage location, the help showed the right text but when it came to adding to the organizational structure, it reverted to the BBP_ATTR_VALUE_T table. Should this table not be updated with the transport from our ERP system when those text values are changed via tcode OX09? I checked the transport and it is not obvious that this object was impacted.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

The LAG (Stoarage location) Extended attribute

plant storage location description- backend logicalsystem name.

this logical system - storage location text changed right?

you must get this new description since you deleted old description of s location and try to map with new storage location .the ebp system must bring new text you maintained in r/3 system.

discussions/suggestions are welcome .

regards

Muthu

mike_yuen3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman

This additional job of running a refresh program after creating the new storage location was never shown to us. Thank you for confirming SAP advisement though it should be noted that the table is an exception table showing sto loc that have not been updated. I believe it now works.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Did you get any breakthrough on Storage location description?

regards

Muthu

mike_yuen3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

Not so much a breakthrough but more of an understanding of how and when to use this program , ie, updating description on existing storage locations. You comments provide a second opinion to SAP so closed both messages.

Thanks and happy new year!

Answers (0)