cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple question regarding xi calling RFCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a simple question regarding XI. I'm an ABAP developer, so pardon my ignorance in regards to the XI landscape. My question is this:

Is it possible to configure an XI adaptor to call RFCs via RFC? I ask because I have an existing application that talks from R/3 to R/3 over RFC. Everything works as desired, but having guaranteed message delivery etc. over our XI infrastructure would be best. Is this possible, or will the application have to be reworked to communicate over IDocs, webservices, etc. to make this possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible. In fact, the purpose of RFC adapter is to use RFCs to communicate with the SAP system. It supports the sync flow of messages. For more information you may search with RFC adapter keyword on SDN.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Thanks. That was my understanding as well from what I've read, but I've never seen XI used in this manner (RFC to RFC). That's what I thought the RFC adapter did, but it's better to know.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the two systems are SAP,I think its always better to communicate without XI.

If you are familiar with IDOC communication, then two systems must communicate with same IDOC TYPE and MESAGE TYPE , when they are R/3.

Same is possible through XI also.There is no meaning of streaming the data through XI and to increase the over head.

But when the two structures are completely different and the IDOC TYPES vary, XI is a hady and easier option to integrate.

Regards,

Subhendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

it's very easy to do RFC>XI>RFC scenario with XI. Since it's all SAP systems, certainly SAP XI makes it very easy to let sap talkt to sap painlessly.

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Yes, its possible to create an RFC to RFC scenario in Xi.

Thanks,

pooja