cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Early Watch Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts

I need some help in changing the user for EWA Alert. The SAP Early Watch alert is scheduled to run everyweek on one of the Satelite systems. Currently it is running with DDIC user in the satellite system. But, I would like to run it with some other user and would like to know where I can make changes in the system.

Appreciate your Help.

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah. Its working

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help.

I am working on this to change the same in the background Job. Once it is done, will let you know.

Regards,

Mahesh

mohammed_anish
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saleem,

Login to Solution Manager using your User ID (Should have solman relevant authorization). Go to the transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER.On the tab "Solution Monitoring", click on a scheduled EWA. And then change the date and save the job. See if it works and check in which user EWA report comes up.

Also, you can go through the transaction SDCCN in the satellite system. A job named Maintenance Package will be scheduled. See in which ID it runs.

Regards,

Anish

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saleem,

Is your Query solved ?

Kindly update us.

Cheers, Amber S

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saleem,

SAP suggests Communication user to be used while configuring EWA and CCMS.

Go ahead create a comunication user in the system and use the same generated communication user in RFC's associated with EWA.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Amber S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Early Watch alert is scheduled to run everyweek on one of the Satelite systems. Currently it is running with DDIC user in the satellite system.

you can make changes in the backgroung job.

change the user for the background job which EWA collects the data and send the report through mail.

For Ex : Job (SAP_SLD_DATA_COLLECT) has been created that runs every 720 minutes, this job collects changes in the satellite system and reports them to the solution manager. Many company standards require this job to run with a background user.

Locate the job via TA sm37.

Change the job step and replace the user to a batch-user.

Press the Save button.

Regards

Sreedhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To change the user of the job, please do as mentioned below.

Open T Code SM37.

Search of the job running with DDIC user.

From the searched result select the required job, which you want to change.

To change press Ctrl + F11

Click on the steps (or press F6).

Select the program from the step list & click on change(Ctrl + Shift + F7)

Now provide the new user name.

Please Note : User must exists in the Client where Job is running & status of Job should be released.

Hope this information will help.

Best Regards,

Pradeep Bishnoi