cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to embed timer using webdynpro java. I tried using TimedTrigger setting delay to one second. But every second it refreshes the page and makes a round trip to server. This doesn't let do any work on the page. I went through forums, some suggest using javascript and embed it to IFrame. I am using CE 7.1 EHP1 version and IFrame is deprecated in this version. Is there any other way to overcome this issue? Any other option to embed javascript or timer in webdynpro to show incremental seconds on the view without page refresh.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anu,

I would suggest you to use TimedTrigger element in conjunction with ProgressIndicator by creating an Action and binding it to 'onAction' property of TimedTrigger ,setting the delay property to some seconds....and then incrementing the percentvalue of the Progress Indicator....

Hope it helps.

Shikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shikhil,

Thanks for the response. I tried using timedtrigger along with progress indicator still i see the flicker in the screen when it makes round trip.

Any other ideas!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The flicker will show up with TimedTrigger as thats the way it is desgined....it uses the delay property as whatever being set and executes the onAction method everytime....

Shikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. But problem is I want to avoid the flicker or the round trip to server. I was wondering is there any other way to embed clock in webdynpro java. The NWCE 7.1 version doesn't have IFrame to embed javascript. So I am wondering whether there is any other way to achieve through client scripting in webdynpro java.

Thanks

Answers (0)