cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Approval Workflow WS14000145 not getting completed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have implemented the n-step workflow badi for PO Approval workflow and in the badi for certain conditions, I want the workflow to be complete and the PO gets ordered without any approval.

I have not populated the approval_table and made the NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED flag as 'X'. But the PO is having awaiting approval status and the workflow is not getting completed even though the NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED flag as 'X' in the badi. When I see the container contents in SWI6 transaction for the workflow step - Subworkflow for N-Step (BADI) Approval PO the NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED is having space as value. Thats why the approval workflow is not getting completed and the workitem is sent to all the approvers in the system.

The PO approval workflow task is also set as general forwarding not allowed and roles of the approvers are assigned to the task.

Earlier this was working fine, but all of a sudden this is happening. Any reason for this?

Thanks and Regards,

Asha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this [Link|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/aYDUAw].

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was due to the code in n-step badi getting executed when the PO status is synchronised with workflow status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asha,

Subworkflow for N-Step (BADI) Approval PO the NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED is having space as value. Thats why the approval workflow is not getting completed and the workitem is sent to all the approvers in the system.

As per this, what I could figure out is that There lies a problem with the Binding, since the Container Elements are not getting filled properly. Kindly check that..!!

Earlier this was working fine, but all of a sudden this is happening. Any reason for this?

Check the Transport Requests that you have transported and Kindly check with the BASIS Team whether they have made any changes to the Server Configuration.

Also check SWU3 for the Settings, All should be Green ticks.

I have also worked on a PO Scenario. Kindly check the same. It might help u..!!

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/abap/workflow%252bscenario

Kindly check theses and revert.

Regards,

Kanika

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asha,

Is this issue happening in the same system or different systems? If different, check if you have transported the TRs correctly both customizing and workbench.

If it is the same system, check if you are using the same version of the workflow or not.

Also check the binding between the workflow task and the container to check if NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED flag value is getting passed correctly or not.

This seems to be a binding issue in such case.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya