cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE stack install -> ctrun error???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have done several installations and have never come across an error like this one 😐

The only difference in this case is that I specified to install the J2EE stack only and not the ABAP stack (when installing all of the components only needed the J2EE stack).

When doing the installation, I get an error of :

ERROR: can't change to central Executable-Dir /usr/sap/KDP/SYS/exe/ctrun (No such file or directory)

I saw a /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run directory but not a /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/ctrun directory

I have also seen that the "ctrun" directory seems to be associated with dialog instances (when doing note searches, I have seen this). I have specified that this J2EE server be a central - and not dialog - instance.

Question 1 - Is it possible to have a central system with a J2EE stack only? Or, is the requirement that the central system must have both the J2EE and ABAP stacks?

Any help, hints or advice is greatly desired. Of course, points will be awarded.

TIA

Edited by: Casey Harris on Jan 5, 2009 5:26 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I just stopped and started the server manually. Then, I shut it down and started the installation.

After that, all went fine. The system has been installed now.

Thx.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Casey,

You can download and install a Standalone Engine... I just wonder if you have the correct installation master.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all and thanks for the responses

The installation master I am using has the following defined in the CDLABEL.ASC file:

SAP Business Suite 2005

Installation Master for:

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3

SAP ERP 6.0 SR3

SAP SRM 5.0 SR3, SAP SCM 5.0 SR3

SAP CRM 5.0 SR3

Number 51033511

I found the following link:

http://al-infotech.com/news/2006/12/30/use-sapcpe-for-kernel-update-on-netweaver-2004-as-java-by-yu-...

But the one that seems to help the most is this one:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/4f/37783021fc11d288cd0000e83539c3/frameset.htm

it speaks of "automatic adjustment".

When doing this installation, I specified that this was to be a CENTRAL instance and not an application server. From my understanding above, it seems that this sapcpe is being ran even though it should not be. Not all of the conditions have been met ... One can see that the error files are in the CENTRAL directory:

ex: sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/ORA/ *CENTRAL* /AS

Question 1: Why is the sapcpe being ran when this is not a dialog instance but a central instance?

Question 2: Also, am I correct in understanding that there is no way to set up a central instance that is has the J2EE stack only?? No components were chosen that would require the use of a dual-stack. Only the J2EE stack was chosen.

TIA

Edited by: Casey Harris on Jan 5, 2009 11:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Please find the below link on ctrun...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/4f/37783021fc11d288cd0000e83539c3/frameset.htm

Is it possible to add a Java Stack alone, without ABAP in a ABAP+JAVA installation scenario?

In an ABAP+JAVA stack combined (java add-on to ABAP stack) installation, it is not possible to install java stack (individually, without ABAP stack) in any instance or in any host. So any additional instance of Java Stack can only be installed as an add-on to a fresh ABAP stack .i.e. both have to be installed together. For scaling up java stack a further server process can be added, BUT ABAP stack alone, without JAVA Add-on, can be installed.

Regards,

Yoganand.V