cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS mining -----QM doubt (inspection based on material specification )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone let me know if material specification(even though it has limitations) is used for inspections.

I guess most implementations will be on Inspection plan ...

Regards

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

First of all, am not very clear about your issue / concerns.

Quality Inspection component is used to determine whether Run off Mine (ROM) or Overburden product consistently meets defined quality requirements.

In a quality inspection, material or product will be inspected using inspection specifications that have been predefined in the Inspection planning component.

Although the inspection results only document the current quality of a material or product. This Quality inspection covers the following functions in SAP

(a) Inspection lot creation

(b) Results recording

(c) Defects recording

(d) Inspection lot completion (Usage Decision)

Bye,

Muralidhara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Master Inspection characteristics are attached to a material using material specification transaction QS61. Based on locking or unlocking, master inspection characteristics in specification would be changed centrally or with respect to the material specification.

The material inspection would be enabled at the clinet level and simplifies master data management.

During the material inspection, the master Inspection characteristics would be copied to the inspection lot and usage decision process would be enabled.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Nagarajan